Izotope Plugins and Native Instruments HELP !

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Tom_Har

01 Oct 2016

Hello there im new in Reason so can somebody explain me how i can use Izotope plugins and Native Instrument ( Komplete 10) in Reason 9 is it over Rewire ??
Thank you very much :)

Tom_Har

02 Oct 2016

Nobody :(

submonsterz

02 Oct 2016

Hi depends on what you are using mac or pc in how to do it.
You can use rewire to a host of choice .
I find mini host modular to be good for this if i dont want fuĺ blown host like reaper or fl for instance.
Or you can use stand alones too using a loopback method and emi.
If you add a little bit more info in what you use mac or pc will help in getting the right info :)

jam-s

02 Oct 2016

Simply put: you can't.
There are some workarounds, but those xan be quiet difficult for more complex setups. If you only want to bring in one or two vst synths then it can work playing those "live" via the external midi instrument and a virtual midi loopback. For more tracks you're better off bouncing those to wav files and loading those into your Reason file.

submonsterz

02 Oct 2016

jam-s wrote:Simply put: you can't.
There are some workarounds, but those xan be quiet difficult for more complex setups. If you only want to bring in one or two vst synths then it can work playing those "live" via the external midi instrument and a virtual midi loopback. For more tracks you're better off bouncing those to wav files and loading those into your Reason file.
I dissagree fully on you cant as you can simply put :)

jam-s

02 Oct 2016

No, you cannot use any vst inside Reason. You can only use them alongside.

submonsterz

02 Oct 2016

jam-s wrote:No, you cannot use any vst inside Reason. You can only use them alongside.
He never said inside as he went on to mention rewire so that took inside out of the picture...
And if you have a decent card / interface that has aux sends etc or you so happen to be able to have both on board and card / interface or even two cards / interfaces you can even just split tracks out of reason process in other host and have that audio routed back to readon as no need for rewire .... hows about them apples ;).
And another very overlooked thing about having to use midi loopback you can do that too without extra software just plug midi out to the midi in that is a physical loopback .

stereoesque

07 Nov 2016

Tom et al - Did you ever figure out a way to do this? I've been trying to figure out a way to use iZotope audio plugins (not MIDI) in Reason with no success. I can use Rewire to enslave Reason to Ableton Live (trial), but that doesn't let me use Reason as my master DAW (and not sure I want to fork out $ for Live).

I've got Rogue Amoeba Loopback which is supposed to take the place of Soundflower to route audio to/from apps, but anything I try in Reason other than using my sound card directly as the audio device causes an immediate feedback loop.

Any thoughts/success, anyone?

Tom_Har

08 Nov 2016

No i didnt find the way but like you said only way send audio or midi to another daw and then proces it and put back to reason.

• Information