Is there a way to load/change patches on multiple synths simultaneously?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Ahornberg

26 Sep 2016

Imagine you have 4 or even more Subtractor instances and you want to change the patch on all at the same time.

Is there a way to do this?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2016

Short answer no.

Quickest way I would say is to change it on one then copy and paste the patch to the others...

4filegate

26 Sep 2016

:idea: build-in-Combinator for multiple switch bank patch selection

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2016

4filegate wrote::idea: build-in-Combinator for multiple switch bank patch selection
So what happens when you have more than 1 combinator that you wish to change the patch of the combinators, all at the same time? ;)

Pinkbox

29 Sep 2016

Can't you do that with midi/key manual assignation?

4filegate

29 Sep 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
4filegate wrote::idea: build-in-Combinator for multiple switch bank patch selection
So what happens when you have more than 1 combinator that you wish to change the patch of the combinators, all at the same time? ;)
Pinkbox wrote:Can't you do that with midi/key manual assignation?
:thumbs_up: it's able to browse the presets of a synth with the + / - "Program Change" buttons

I got this with 2 Combinator Presets with 4 Subtractor or rather 8 under different names

VOIDMONIKER

09 Sep 2017

Since the advent of the new players .. It would be great to change the key of all players at once in a song. Especially for live.. just a thought. I tried to assign a knob function but you can only assign one knob to one perimeter. I have all of my players set up in combinators. But I can't change them when the sing changes key without going in and manually changing each one. any thoughts? Also it would be amazing to be able to set one controller knob to multiple synth parameters. Just thinking out loud.. I found this post while researching the topic. But it looks like your having the same type of problems.

Ahornberg

10 Sep 2017

VOIDMONIKER wrote:
09 Sep 2017
Since the advent of the new players .. It would be great to change the key of all players at once in a song. Especially for live.. just a thought. I tried to assign a knob function but you can only assign one knob to one perimeter. I have all of my players set up in combinators. But I can't change them when the sing changes key without going in and manually changing each one. any thoughts? Also it would be amazing to be able to set one controller knob to multiple synth parameters. Just thinking out loud.. I found this post while researching the topic. But it looks like your having the same type of problems.
In a Combinator this works. Just assign e.g. "Rotary 1" to "Key" of all Players in the Combinator.

dancing fool

10 Sep 2017

I use 4 combinators in a live setup. And have 4 buttons on a controller to select the next patch one by on. Thing is every combinator as time to load itselve in the mean time i can't load the next combinator.
To asign more destinations to one controler knob use a knob in thor and asign it in the matrix to cv out 1 2 3 and 4. Or use the bome midi translator

artotaku

10 Sep 2017

I did some experiments to achieve this with the Remote protocol in a scene/clip based setup. My findings so far are that Reason prohibits parallel/concurrent loading of patches. It just skipped patch loading of a device if the patch of another device was still in progress of loading. This can be worked around if you put some latency/delay between patch loading but you don´t know when a devices has finished loading since it varies between devices.

Maybe this has something to do with blocking file access so only one process/thread may read from disk at the same time.
So the only way may be putting the devices in a combinator and build several combinator variations as others pointed out.

Another idea to switch between different parameter settings of devices is to use Zvorks VoltSL1. There is a culprit however. The amount of controllable parameters is limited to amount of CV Ins of the device and combinator CV Ins when the device is put inside a combinator though.
You can overcome this limitation by using one EMI per parameter and route MIDI via virtual MIDI driver back to Reason to the device. A lot of work to setup though.

VOIDMONIKER

06 Oct 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
10 Sep 2017
VOIDMONIKER wrote:
09 Sep 2017
In a Combinator this works. Just assign e.g. "Rotary 1" to "Key" of all Players in the Combinator.
Thank you all for the great Ideas I have indeed utilize this concept(above). And I have actually isolated a folder specifically written for only the player (different keys and the emotion structure derived by it) I would love to find a way or be able to automate all tracks (besides drums) with the same player. I'll keep toying with it. If I come up with an idea I'll let you know. :0

• Information