PLEASE HELP!

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
K1TTENM1TTEN

30 Jun 2016

Alright, so I am not quite sure what in the world is going on. When I hear my song in Reason is sounds fantastic and full. When I export the track out of Reason, it sounds incredibly metallic and dull. Any ideas what is happening and how to fix it?

WongoTheSane

30 Jun 2016

What if you import in Reason the audio file you exported and play it soloed? Does it still sound dull?

How do you play the exported file (which player)? Does the player have custom settings like "Extra Loudness" or "Stereo Wide" or an active EQ? Can you remind us whether you have a PC or a Mac? Laptop or desktop? Monitors or speakers? Audio interface? Audio driver (ASIO4ALL, ASIO, DX...)? Also, have you tried both on headphones? Do you hear the same effect?

K1TTENM1TTEN

30 Jun 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:What if you import in Reason the audio file you exported and play it soloed? Does it still sound dull?
If I import the song back into Reason, though a bit compressed (which is to be expected) it sounds back to being great and is no longer dull.
WongoTheSane wrote:How do you play the exported file (which player)? Does the player have custom settings like "Extra Loudness" or "Stereo Wide" or an active EQ? Can you remind us whether you have a PC or a Mac? Laptop or desktop? Monitors or speakers? Audio interface? Audio driver (ASIO4ALL, ASIO, DX...)? Also, have you tried both on headphones? Do you hear the same effect?
I have played the audio file through Audacity as well as VLC. It sounds the same through both of those players, so no custom settings that I know about. To answer all the questions I have a PC/laptop, I am actually using in-ear monitors, I am not using an interface (my Asus ROG has a built in Waves Audio sound card), and I am using ASIO4ALL in Reason as my primary sound driver.

K1TTENM1TTEN

30 Jun 2016

And now I have figured out the source of the issue - For some reason "Multimedia" was selected in the ROG AudioWizard (I did not even know I had this), so at this point the problem has been solved. Thank you so so much for getting back to me, you jogged my memory by testing the audio source within Reason to check for a sound setting outside of it.

• Information