What's New in Reason 9 | Players

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
pjeudy

23 Jun 2016

Published on Jun 21, 2016
In this tip, our Sound Design in Reason online instructor Caiti VerBrugge walks us through three new devices included in Reason 9 - Dual Arpeggio, Note Echo, and Scales & Chords. These are not only new devices, but a whole new category of devices for Reason called Players - Reason’s first MIDI effects.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2016

Watch this earlier today, thought it was well presented, however did feel it totally missed out on the patterning in the NoteEcho.

zeebot

23 Jun 2016

Excuse the thread hijack but I just posted this vid by ReasonExperts in another thread, he covers the players really well.

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

jfrichards

23 Jun 2016

One note on players: there are many preset patches made for each player and it is worth it to go through each one to see some capabilities, plus the sound designers for the new sound bank have gone a lot further too so it's worth trying out each new combinator that is using Players. Ed's explorations are very good, but remember they represent less than 1% of what these little dudes can do. Combine the world of Players with the world of the new R9 patches, and also with Ed's sound designs (and numerous other sound designers), and there are years of sounds to find and use. The new free Softphonics patches are great.

• Information