Randomize notes in realtime?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Yonatan

15 Jun 2016

I´m not a cable guy expert but something tells me one could make similar thing with CV modulations in Reason. Any suggestions how to go about it?
This Plugin 'Permut8' that Brian Eno uses to randomise seems very cool indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TqCLOpOeH4

tibah

15 Jun 2016

As far as I know, Permut8 works as an insert effect? Not sure. It has this the whole "firmware change" thingie going on, so it can be actually kind of everything.

Just from that demo, it's alternating the output of the drums into different pieces, something a beat repeater will easily do. I think there are some in the FSB, along with some more dedicated options in RE land. :) Which is not changing the input, but the output. If you want something to change the actual input to a device like e.g. Redrum, check - https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... m-trigger/

Yonatan

15 Jun 2016

Thanks tibah!

This Permut 8 would be dope to have inside of Reason. We already have Echobode...
Let us hope Sonic Charge have intentions to release this also to Reason soon. ¨
As usual I guess it is limitation to the SDK that makes things delay.
But cannot PH themselves bring it in as a native device...

tibah

15 Jun 2016

PH probably could do many, many things. ;) Sonic Charge has so many goodies, I stopped counting them. Synplant, Microtonic, Permut8. Who doesn't want to seem them all appear in Reason? But!, there is a way to achieve what you're asking for originally already in Reason and I personally don't like to go the "wishing for" route. :) I'm more happy with things I *get* to have, rather than waiting for X or Y to happen.

Loque

19 Jun 2016

There are a few random CV generaters. Connect them to note/CV in and gate if you like. And there are some kind of limiters for CV where you can limit it to eg one octave (also Thor can limit signals). If no real randome is required route a LFO to the CV and gate inputes, eg Malstroem has some weird curves. Another alternative is route audio into Thor and back to a CV out.
Reason12, Win10

• Information