Lost Patch

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Elie

18 May 2016

Hi,

Sorry if my english is not so clear, but it's not my mother tongue.

Yesterday night, I saved my Reason 5 project of the moment. I guess I was very tired becaused I saved it with a wrong NN19 patch. The previous patch fitted so well that it made all the track. Since this morning I try to find it back, but unsuccessfully.
So my question is to know if a previous save is stocked in my .rns project, and if it is possible to read it like text and find the name of this lost patch. I've tried to open the .rns file in Text Edit, but the code is unreadable.

Any Solution ?

Thanks.

tibah

18 May 2016

If you say NN19 patch, I assume it's from a ReFill?

I believe there is no way to get back to a state once you saved it and closed Reason. Also, any undo history is reset and only works for that new session.

Back to my first question - if it's a sampler patch, from a ReFill, you likely hit on one of the arrows to skip to the previous or next patch within a patch folder of sampler patches? Seems easier to know where that patch originally came from and just reload it?

Elie

18 May 2016

Thanks for your answer Tibah, yes, the sound comes from a refill. I thought I could find back that sound by hitting the arrows, but I can't find it. I also seached the whole refill which contains the actual loaded patch, thinking that I almost fall asleep that night and that I may have hit the arrow by mistake, but this didn't work either. Originally I found it by "create new instrument" and browsing in my Refills folder by searching word as "lead" or "synth". I did the same action with both searches, but still can't find that patch.

Elie

18 May 2016

By the way, NN19 only reads .smp and .rx2 right ? I don't think it was a .rx2. So, do you think that if I type .smp in the search field, it will give me all the .smp patches of my Reffils folder ?

• Information