Using Propellerhead Reason for Rock

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
tyberium

09 May 2016

Hi There,

I'm new to the group and wanted to show you guys my passion: I use Reason in an effort to try and create convincing rock music with just a keyboard and your Reason kit.

Here's an example of a track fully made with reason an no actual guitar (only keyboard and ID8's, refills and fx):

I made quite a bit of tutorials on how you can also make guitars sound pretty awesome with standard sound banks and Propellerhead devices. Hope you guys like it.

Here's one on making an electric guitar from an acoustic one to get you started:

Here's my latest tutorial with and explanation on effects usage:

Visit my website for more stuff and free patches.
Last edited by tyberium on 09 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Noplan
Competition Winner

09 May 2016

Thank you. Considering that you start from a cheap plastic midi guitar it sounds very realistic and good. :thumbs_up:

Even better what you get out from some sample based tools.

tyberium

09 May 2016

Hi Noplan, thanks. I use the ID8 for leads the last couple of years and use refills for the other instruments. I was amazed that this was even possible. I've been using Reason since 2008 and the program has come a long way.

orthodox
RE Developer

09 May 2016

Noplan wrote:Considering that you start from a cheap plastic midi guitar it sounds very realistic and good.
Distortion makes almost every source equal.

BTW, what about the future Line6 removal? Can you build something like this with Softube amps?

tyberium

09 May 2016

orthodox wrote: BTW, what about the future Line6 removal? Can you build something like this with Softube amps?
I think so, but I haven't figured it out yet. The Softube also is missing the essential wah-wah knob. I guess the effect can be made using a ECF42 filter or an equalizer. Still the Line 6 is my favorite, so I'll keep my Reason 8 until a good replacement is here.
Last edited by tyberium on 09 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Noplan
Competition Winner

09 May 2016

Distortion makes almost every source equal.
Yes, but it wasn't only distortion what he shared. The automations are important. He knows what he does.

• Information