Very simple question, but....

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
lowtense

23 Apr 2016

Is it possible? Because i've looked everywhere but have not discovered it.

I want to load a sample into a NN19 or XT but want to have the pitch retained across the keyboard, but not the speed.
The NN19 and XT are getting on a bit so this might not be possible at all. I don't want to invest in an RE.
It's not a drumloop, for those kind of things i use the DR.Rex. Just curious....

Thanx in advance.

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2016

In classic sample players, the pitch change is achieved with speed changes. Some very modern sample payers are using fancy maths to make pitch appear to change without affecting speed.

Best solution in Reason right now is actually the Audio Track (which you then sample off is necessary).

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

normen

23 Apr 2016

As Benedict says, use the Audio Track. Put the sample on an audio track as many times as you need notes, use the "Transpose" function in the top bar of the sequencer to transpose them, then bounce the single clips and import them to NNXT for each note.

selig
RE Developer

23 Apr 2016

Benedict wrote:In classic sample players, the pitch change is achieved with speed changes. Some very modern sample payers are using fancy maths to make pitch appear to change without affecting speed.

Best solution in Reason right now is actually the Audio Track (which you then sample off is necessary).

:)
Great suggestion - sample all the keys you need and you'll have what you are asking for as a playable instrument. Yes, it's the long way around the problem but it's currently the only way in Reason.
Selig Audio, LLC

Stranger.

24 Apr 2016

ΣΣΣ

• Information