Rewire master out into reaper, mix beat reason vox reaper?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
dustmoses

21 Apr 2016

I'm having a vocalist over tonight to record.

This is the first time I've used music from Reason with a vocalist.

I am going to use the tools I am comfortable with in Reaper, izotope nectar 2 and a couple others.

I usually mix music and vocals at the same time to ensure there is space for the vocals.

I have everything I need to mix the beat in Reason.

My idea is to rewire reason into reaper using the master out for idea, basically like a two track and mix in both.

Just want to know if there are any issues to expect.

bpmorton

24 Apr 2016

Just a thought: Export song as audio file from Reason, Import that track into reaper (make sure the tempo is the same before importing) and then do your vocal tracking in Reaper as you would. I do something similar because my vocalist lives two hours away from me and uses Essentials instead of the full program like I do. Then I have him send the vocal tracks back to me to integrate back with the rest of the tracks.

Bloma

28 Apr 2016

I used to do it with Pro Tools and Reason. You don't need to export audio, the rewire works fine. That way you can continue to make changes on the fly. Reaper will be the master so it will control tempo. Basically Reason will run as a plugin for Reaper. The only weird thing I had was when I had automated tempo and timing changes in Reason. You want to make them in Reaper.

• Information