Tom drum fills?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jagwah

31 Mar 2016

I hear tom drum fills in a lot of what I listen to and they sound great. I'm keen to start playing around with them myself.

Most Kong kits I look at, FSB or KoK refill - they tend to have only two or three toms. I was thinking there might be kits full of say 16 different toms, but there isn't from what I can tell. So all these tom fills I hear, are they typically only using two or three toms?

Can anyone direct me to a tutorial or some good info on tom fills, sparing the need to learn the complete art of being a drummer?

Thanks in advance!!

aRiver

01 Apr 2016

There is not much difference in toms on a single drum set up except pitch. To create more toms either just pitch them differently or use tom physical model form kong to create your own.

To get a rhytm there are tom rex fills in standard library if I'm not mistaken. Transpose loop to the track and get the rhythmic movements from there ( or any other beat fill rex file).

selig
RE Developer

01 Apr 2016

I would love a great set of concert tom samples for NNXT, typically a set of 8 single-headed toms ranging in size from 6" to 16".
Selig Audio, LLC

Jagwah

01 Apr 2016

Thanks guys.

@ aRiver that's a great idea thanks, I don't think I have ever looked at any rex fills but I'm very keen to do just that now, and the pitch idea is great, should see me well on my way.

@ Selig interesting, so larger sets exist more in a concert setting. Yes makes sense when thinking about a typical drummer's set up. I should look more into the basics of just that, thanks.

• Information