Reason's getting heavier

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
dvdrtldg

19 Mar 2016

Thanks! glad you like. These days everything is about 80% Reason, with a bit of finishing off in WaveLab. I can't live without U-He's Satin plugin

Last Alternative

19 Mar 2016

Haha I work at General Mills and hear noise all day--I'm talkin it's loud as fuck! ..boilers, compressors, motors and pumps, air handlers, steam, grinders, cookers.. you name it. Ear plugs almost help. At times walking by a certain machine I start doing a melody based on the machine's hum. I'm used to it but without earplugs one would go def in no time. At least it smells good in there!
I think hitting record in there would make a good 'noise' genre album. LOL
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

BRIGGS

19 Mar 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:Anybody else experimenting with the heavier/noisier side of things?
Yes, I will say Reason (still on R5) is great at destruction... But, the details are top secret.

Hint: you can't just use one Malstrom!!!
r11s

dvdrtldg

22 Mar 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Haha I work at General Mills and hear noise all day--I'm talkin it's loud as fuck! ..boilers, compressors, motors and pumps, air handlers, steam, grinders, cookers.. you name it. Ear plugs almost help. At times walking by a certain machine I start doing a melody based on the machine's hum. I'm used to it but without earplugs one would go def in no time. At least it smells good in there!
I think hitting record in there would make a good 'noise' genre album. LOL
You should definitely do it

I interviewed this guy a while back for a radio program, Kiwi noisemaker Campbell Kneale

and he was talking about how he used to work at Wellington airport, got a lot of inspiration from just sitting in the cargo hold of a plane, listening to jet turbines at close quarters. Great guy, I'll post the interview if anyone's interested

machinestatic

22 Mar 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:I've certainly experimented with making heavy distorted sounds in Reason. This is from my electronic metal project Synthetic Flesh.
On these songs I've only used the stock devices in Reason 7. It was before I bought any rack extensions.
The only thing that wasn't done in Reason here is the mastering. For that I used Izotope Ozone in another DAW.

I've abused Scream 4 and the Line 6 amps like crazy on these songs.

In "Drones" it's particularly heavy at 1:01

I'm not sure this is the type of heavy you're talking about, but it's pretty aggressive and noisy sounding many times.

Of course the over the top drum programming makes everything a lot heavier and noiser too.
Hey Tritone. I hope you read this comment - I just wanted to drop a note to let you know these 2 tracks you posted lead me to purchase every one of your Synthetic Flesh EPs on Bandcamp tonight. I can't wrap my head around how none of your tracks use a real guitar. Awesome stuff!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2016

machinestatic wrote:Hey Tritone. I hope you read this comment - I just wanted to drop a note to let you know these 2 tracks you posted lead me to purchase every one of your Synthetic Flesh EPs on Bandcamp tonight. I can't wrap my head around how none of your tracks use a real guitar. Awesome stuff!
Wow. I just checked my email and saw that. I can't thank you enough. Really appreciate it.

I think a lot of it sounds pretty "guitary" because many times I used the guitar while writing these songs. Of course distorting pretty much every synth sound helps too :)

Marco Raaphorst

23 Mar 2016

Check out Battle-Axe Sound Destroyer. See more: http://lab-one-recordings.co.uk/rack-ex ... destroyer/

cosignsessions

01 May 2016

machinestatic wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:I've certainly experimented with making heavy distorted sounds in Reason. This is from my electronic metal project Synthetic Flesh.
On these songs I've only used the stock devices in Reason 7. It was before I bought any rack extensions.
The only thing that wasn't done in Reason here is the mastering. For that I used Izotope Ozone in another DAW.

I'm not sure this is the type of heavy you're talking about, but it's pretty aggressive and noisy sounding many times.

Of course the over the top drum programming makes everything a lot heavier and noiser too.
Hey Tritone. I hope you read this comment - I just wanted to drop a note to let you know these 2 tracks you posted lead me to purchase every one of your Synthetic Flesh EPs on Bandcamp tonight. I can't wrap my head around how none of your tracks use a real guitar. Awesome stuff!
I second machinestatic. On my way to bandcamp tonight to check out all the tracks. After I piece my mind back together.....

derekjerome

02 May 2016

Yo! This is good af! This
reminded me of Abigail Williams at some points! I Love seeing people do different stuff like this in reason! Where can I find more of this?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 May 2016

Thanks guys. Glad you like it. If anyone wants to hear more from my Synthetic Flesh project, you'll find those songs on my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TritoneAddiction

or on my bandcamp page:
https://syntheticflesh.bandcamp.com

For anyone interested here are two other songs from the same project but different records:

• Information