Rex Loop BPMs

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
TheNightBench

12 Mar 2016

So, every now and then you want to throw a jungle break into a track that is 80 BPMs. Not much, just enough to be sexy. A little nudge to say, "HEY, WAKE UP! Now go back to sleep." Like drinking coffee while high on Vicodin (blue collar speedball?)
Currently I'm making that loop in a different file at the proper jungle BPM, exporting it, then importing the loop back into the 80 BPM track. It's not that difficult, but is there a way to override the Rex syncing with the track?
Thanks for any and all responses.
I'd drop the mic, but the club charges me a lot if it breaks. So I'm just gonna gently lay it down right here and walk away.

tibah

13 Mar 2016

Not sure I understand fully, but the concept behind REX files is that they do sync to your track by nature aka proper slice setting that will snap to your tempo. Otherwise you can always import it onto an audio track and do manual slicing of course, but with proper slice settings, which is fairly easy with transient-heavy material like drums, there shouldn't be any issues.

selig
RE Developer

13 Mar 2016

TheNightBench wrote:So, every now and then you want to throw a jungle break into a track that is 80 BPMs. Not much, just enough to be sexy. A little nudge to say, "HEY, WAKE UP! Now go back to sleep." Like drinking coffee while high on Vicodin (blue collar speedball?)
Currently I'm making that loop in a different file at the proper jungle BPM, exporting it, then importing the loop back into the 80 BPM track. It's not that difficult, but is there a way to override the Rex syncing with the track?
Thanks for any and all responses.
Also not 100% I'm following you, but maybe this will help:
You can override the "stretch" feature for imported audio (Disable Stretch) for each clip you import - then you can manually stretch it to fit. If you want to convert it to a REX file for use in future tracks there are many tutorials on this process.
Selig Audio, LLC

GRIFTY

13 Mar 2016

'copy loop to track'
'(select clip)'
'f8'
'half tempo'

that's the best i got. you can't make it 80 bpm per se....unless you're working at 160 bpm already

pushedbutton

13 Mar 2016

Simple, lie to Recycle about how many bars it's processing.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information