Thor Angry FM Talking Bass Tutorial

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
alex

27 Jan 2016

Hi guys,

I just uploaded a new video tutorial on how to create a Dubstep/Brostep talking bass sound out of Thor.

I think Thor stll has a lot of trick up its sleeves and being able to get some sounds it's more a matter of knowing the proper technique
than having the latest synth on the block.

If you have any questions or comment just let me know.
If someone is interested, I could be able to upload a couple of patches used in the video in the next few days.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
Alessandro
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

tronam

28 Jan 2016

Thanks! Very informative and yes, Thor strikes this rare balance between accessibility and insane flexibility. There are few things it can't do with a savvy driver at the wheel.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

alex

29 Jan 2016

tronam wrote:Thanks! Very informative and yes, Thor strikes this rare balance between accessibility and insane flexibility. There are few things it can't do with a savvy driver at the wheel.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

And BTW, if I recall correctly, it was you who suggested the GQ-7 CV tracking EQ tip with midi note, during one of the last widdler streams ^_^

That's a great idea, I never thought of that and it is another good example where Thor show its potential as a swiss army knife, in this case to convert input midi note events into a CV signal... Actually I should explore this topic more in depth: having an eq curve that shift accordingly to the notes being played could lead to some interesting stuff...

Ciao!
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

Loque

29 Jan 2016

Nice one :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

Wook

29 Jan 2016

Black magic! Cool vid, thanks.

Also, Widdler is a master of Reason. I rarely watch live streams but catch up on past broadcasts. Propellerhead should do an interview with him and promote his channel. Maybe those "i gotz all da wavez plugz yo" kids join our flock.

tronam

29 Jan 2016

Wook wrote:Black magic! Cool vid, thanks.

Also, Widdler is a master of Reason. I rarely watch live streams but catch up on past broadcasts. Propellerhead should do an interview with him and promote his channel. Maybe those "i gotz all da wavez plugz yo" kids join our flock.
He's finally sponsored now, so that's one wrong that's been righted. :)

tronam

30 Jan 2016

alex wrote:And BTW, if I recall correctly, it was you who suggested the GQ-7 CV tracking EQ tip with midi note, during one of the last widdler streams ^_^

That's a great idea, I never thought of that and it is another good example where Thor show its potential as a swiss army knife, in this case to convert input midi note events into a CV signal... Actually I should explore this topic more in depth: having an eq curve that shift accordingly to the notes being played could lead to some interesting stuff...

Ciao!
I haven't tried them all, but GQ-7 is the only EQ I've run across so far where the bands scale consistently across their full range. Others don't seem to be as linear, so the further away from the original frequency the more they drift. GQ-7 also introduces no artifacts or zipper noise, so it's great for fast CV manipulation like this.

Wook

30 Jan 2016

tronam wrote:He's finally sponsored now, so that's one wrong that's been righted. :)
Wow, I'm very glad to hear that. I've seen you commenting there and it's always constructive.

• Information