The "Magic" of a Dynamic Equalizer

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
VNUprod

01 Jan 2016

Hey Folks,

I did a Tutorial on how to build a dynamic EQ using stock reason devices (Free Patch Download included in the video description).

I hope I got this video informative and people are able to follow along, despite I did not show every single Detail. I can only recommend to try this out by yourselves, for me it has become such a great creative and musical sounding tool that saves time and can bring mixes to life. Feedback is welcome, of course. :)

tt_lab

01 Jan 2016

Great video! Thank you!

VNUprod

01 Jan 2016

You are welcome! :)
BTW: I have updated the Patch Download and added a few other Combinator Patches as well (using different Methods and Devices).

LandFillSessions

05 Jan 2016

Can't wait to give this a go. Was looking for dynamic eq RE's but turned up nothing.

Loque

06 Jan 2016

Reason12, Win10

VNUprod

07 Jan 2016

Yes, I have tried carve some time ago actually. Sadly I had some issues with it that could not be solved at that time (at least for me and on my system etc.). And it always needed a source like the concept of sidechain does. So in the end it was no the way to go for me.

The selfbuilt Dyn-EQ patches are perfect for my needs and flexibility and I am happy with the results. I still hope McDSP might bring the AE400 (and more) to the rack some day, though. :)

Voyager

29 Jan 2018

VNUprod wrote:
01 Jan 2016

Hey Folks,

I did a Tutorial on how to build a dynamic EQ using stock reason devices (Free Patch Download included in the video description).

I hope I got this video informative and people are able to follow along, despite I did not show every single Detail. I can only recommend to try this out by yourselves, for me it has become such a great creative and musical sounding tool that saves time and can bring mixes to life. Feedback is welcome, of course. :)

Thanks for sharing the files,

I have some questions,

a ) What is the target frequency for ? No matter what i do in the target frequency EQ it doesn't make any change to the sound.

b ) It is possible to feed another input source to the dynamic EQ to duck some frequencies ( like carve does ) ?

• Information