CV Tuner - How to Print (record) results?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
soroc sosta

19 Oct 2015

Ok I have finally broken down and purchase two Re's,that I found most useful to my production Ochen K's PDT2 and CVTuner LOL!

The videos were clear enough on how to set them up; but when i tried to print the pattern from the Matrix, it was not tuned as if from the CVTuner :-(

I moved the pattern to the CV Tuner and Thor lane and I tried recording on the CV tuner lane and the Thor lane with no result.

Does anyone have any advice or instruction on how to print the 'tuned' CV notes?

-TAZ

Benedict
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2015

The RE SDK does not yet have the ability to Copy Notes To Track. I t is a common feature request and will no doubt come in time as native devices do this.

Till then use a MIDI Loopback driver to allow sending the stream out via an EMI and back in as another MIDI controller (and may need to be dragged or quantized back into time).

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

soroc sosta

20 Oct 2015

Benedict wrote:The RE SDK does not yet have the ability to Copy Notes To Track. I t is a common feature request and will no doubt come in time as native devices do this.

Till then use a MIDI Loopback driver to allow sending the stream out via an EMI and back in as another MIDI controller (and may need to be dragged or quantized back into time).

Yikes! WTH! TY for ur reply but UR kidding right???
Jeez even if I'm smart enough to understand your instructions, it seems like alot to go through to get a random ass pattern! :x
So all it is good for is previewing patterns at this stage!?
This RE is an excellent concept with very poor execution
Hopefully there is a more straight forward way to apply this functionality :(

Thanks agn Benedict! :thumbs_up:

kloeckno

20 Oct 2015

You can easily use the results of CV tuner in a song, but yes you are right in that you can't change the pattern in the sequencer. But you can change the Matrix pattern in the sequencer with the pattern change lane, and that is enough to make a song with it. It's a different way of working but it's almost the same as using Redrum patterns. The Redrum sequencer is limited also compared to the main sequencer, but many good songs have been made with the step sequencer without using the "Pattern to Track" option.

It's kind of like working with an 808 or 909 and their step sequencers. The limitations made for some unique rhythms

soroc sosta

20 Oct 2015

kloeckno wrote:You can easily use the results of CV tuner in a song,...
Ok so how does one do this.

I tried bouncing/recording the results in the thor lane...nothing happens.
I tried bouncing/recording the results in the CVTuner lane...nothing happens.
I tried bouncing/recording the results in the Matrix lane...and it gives me the PRE - CVtuner melody.

Am I missing something...has someone found a way to do this; Or do I have to do what Benedict suggests?

Thanks for any suggestions

Benedict
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2015

If you want to record the audio (and you don't really need to) then

1. find the Thor Mix Rack and enable the Record Source
2. create an Audio Track and choose the Thor as Source
3. hit Record and let it run

As the others are saying tho, once you understand how the system works, the REs work perfectly and Note to Track is not vital. I prefer to keep things Live as much as possible so i can add variety easily later.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Joerg

01 Nov 2015

Hi,
you can do it like this:

- Combine an Arpeggiator, the CV-Tuner and your Thor
- disable Midi for Thor in combinators programmer
- enable Midi for the Arpeggiator in combinators programmer
- switch Off the Arpeggiator (so its doing nothing but routing Gate/Note events to its output)
- connect Arp Gate Out to Thor Gate In
- connect Arp Note Out to CV Tuner CV In
- connect CV Tuner CV Out to Thor Note In
- in Sequencer drag the Matrix pattern clip to Combinators Lane

soroc sosta

02 Nov 2015

Hello Joerg,

Thanks for the suggestion, I did what you suggested but Im not sure how this answers my concern.

How do we integrate the matrix into that bundle? As its the most in need of the CV Tuner, lol!

-TAZ!

ljekio

02 Nov 2015

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
kloeckno wrote:You can easily use the results of CV tuner in a song,...
I tried bouncing/recording the results in the Matrix lane...and it gives me the PRE - CVtuner melody.
Because tuner info is not recognized by the CV note socket.
You can record this info as pitch bend or as any other MIDI controllers.
I'm using dedicated remote codec (MIDI keyboard w/controls <Other> in control surfaces section) for receiving MIDI from loopback .
After it in the Reason's sequencer you can move or copy/paste this automation onto pitch wheel lane or some other.

UPD: Brr, Im sorry, i wrote about Microtuner and forgot for CV Tuner.

ljekio

02 Nov 2015

I measured the delay which is obtained from such a recording in my setup.
About 120 ms lags is MIDI recording

soroc sosta

06 May 2016

Ty you for the outline ljekio i will try it this week end and tell you how it goes :thumbs_up:
ljekio wrote:Image

Catblack

06 May 2016

Thanks for the tip on these two, they look interesting.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information