Props tutorial series returns: Super Neat Beat Cheat Sheet series & Quick Mix Fix Tricks Series

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
manisnotabird

23 Feb 2018

Cool. The in-house Propellerhead videos are some of the absolute best music/sound-design tutorial videos out there, and I've been sad their production seems to have slowed down. I'm probably not going to buy any version of Komplete any time soon, but that video still had some interesting and creative ideas I could use. Hope they do advanced sound design tutorials about Europa and Grain (each deserves a whole series, and they could definitely do more about Parsec, too, especially now that it's version 2).

emilng

23 Feb 2018

That must be one beefy machine they're using or I'm hoping they have a new version of Reason with better VST performance. That's a ton of VST instances being used all at once with only 3 bars of DSP usage. My machine chokes on just one instance of Reaktor inside Reason. Also I never thought to route the notes player to chords player to keep things in scale so that was a nice tidbit.

prophecy

29 Oct 2018

I've been bumping in to some of these videos on YouTube since I got Reason, now I see them all gathered together here. Thanks for making them Ryan.
I don't know if you've covered this in the acoustic guitar one, I haven't watched that yet, but I'd like a video on matching created drums/bass lines with recorded instruments. Purely selfishly as this would help me when I'm recording my piano/vocals stuff and then trying to figure out how to arrange it well.
Reason 10 Lite | Surface Pro 3 i5 | Akai MPK Mini II | Yamaha Clavinova CVP5 | Fingers | Ears |

challism

23 Jun 2019

I really miss this series of Reason tutorials. I would love it if Ryan made more of them. These are the best.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2019

challism wrote:
23 Jun 2019
I really miss this series of Reason tutorials. I would love it if Ryan made more of them. These are the best.
Me too. These funny educational videos are probably the best marketing asset they have. Highly praised even among non-Reason users. Ryan = MVP. I hope they continue to fund him and his writing/directing.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

ljekio

14 Jul 2020

Recently I came across a couple of lessons and I realized that I did not see several videos when they came out. Great and clear tutorials, thanks Ryan.

Wobbleburger

19 Dec 2020

I love these videos as well. The only new tutorials I have at the moment are my own! Here's one I did on making a DNB bassline in Europa.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

EnochLight

19 Dec 2020

Wobbleburger wrote:
19 Dec 2020
I love these videos as well. The only new tutorials I have at the moment are my own! Here's one I did on making a DNB bassline in Europa.
I'll be honest with you - the tutorial was great, but listening to that headset mic was downright painful. That said, A Lolchat Xmas Alf Experience is my new favorite thing right now, so thanks for that! :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Wobbleburger

20 Dec 2020

EnochLight wrote:
19 Dec 2020
Wobbleburger wrote:
19 Dec 2020
I'll be honest with you - the tutorial was great, but listening to that headset mic was downright painful. That said, A Lolchat Xmas Alf Experience is my new favorite thing right now, so thanks for that! :lol:
Glad you like it! Yea, I've since started using a better condenser mic. ALF was my life for the last two days.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

• Information