FutzBox RE - A different approach

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
alex

07 Sep 2015

Hi,

I've just made this video tutorial for fun and to show how cool (IMO) FutzBox is, just by using its SIM section alone and a little bit of CV routing.
If some of you would feel inspired by it, don't forget that this is RE is currenlty on sale! :puf_wink:

Any comments/improvements etc, are welcome.

Ciao,
Alessandro

PS: Since it's a tutorial I thought I should put it in here first. In case the Rack Extension forum would be more appropriate, just let me know.
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

joeyluck

07 Sep 2015

+1

I created some combinators that I shared when I first bought it which modulated the sim type and tuning.
Very fun! :)

mojo

08 Sep 2015

Cool tip thanks.

joeyluck

08 Sep 2015

Here are the Combis I made.
They all use Rad Keys, but you can replace it with something else...
They also use Pulsar.
FutzBox Keys - Joey Luck.zip
(22.28 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Shokstar

10 Sep 2015

This video was the reason, WHY I bought this RE today! :D Good Job Alex :)

alex

10 Sep 2015

Shokstar wrote:This video was the reason, WHY I bought this RE today! :D Good Job Alex :)
Hey, thank you, glad to hear that! I'm flattered :D

I really dig FutzBox and I think you won't regret it!

You might want to read this post as well:

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... box#p27258

where there are other strong points discussed on why this RE is worth buying.

Happy tweaking! ;)

alex

10 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote:Here are the Combis I made.
They all use Rad Keys, but you can replace it with something else...
They also use Pulsar.
FutzBox Keys - Joey Luck.zip
Thank you for sharing those patches Joeyluck! I'll glady try them out asap! :puf_smile:

TheGodOfRainbows

02 Oct 2015

I LOVE the way this sounds. And I love your background music song too. Where is the full version of your song? Are you not on Soundcloud or somewhere?

alex

07 Oct 2015

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I LOVE the way this sounds. And I love your background music song too. Where is the full version of your song? Are you not on Soundcloud or somewhere?
Hey, sorry for the late reply and thank you! I thought the sound and the idea behind was worth enough to make a video tutorial so I'm glad that someone likes it!

About the track... Well, actually there is no full version: it is one of the hundreds unfinished songs laying on my hard disk. :(
Unfortunately music and sound design is just an hobby and my spare time is not enough to get complex projects done...

That's why I still don't have a soundcloud like account. Just two or three completed songs...

More than often I find myself completely caught by a sound design technique or a particular sound I want to recreate so the "few bars song" formula for a video tutorial purpose works well.

I'm planning to do more video tutorials but first I have to fix my production PC (the motherboard died two weeks ago) and then switch from openshot to kdenlive for the video editing part.

I already have in mind my next video about shimmer reverb using polar plus reverb, which is based on an yet another unfinished song... :D

Ciao!

• Information