How to tune drums in Reason

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
nooomy

29 May 2015

Hey guys i made this tutorial about how to tune drums in reason! How you like it! :)  

pLansford

29 May 2015

Heyyyy nice!

mayzon

03 Jun 2015

Nice tut, really useful info

thanks

Wook

03 Jun 2015

Cool tut. Thank you.

It would be handy if we had something like Ableton's eq. It gives you a frequency readout right there. This is very tedious.

selig
RE Developer

03 Jun 2015

Wook wrote:Cool tut. Thank you.

It would be handy if we had something like Ableton's eq. It gives you a frequency readout right there. This is very tedious.
Tuning isn't about frequency, it's about pitch, right? What is needed (IMO) is a pitch readout… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Wook

03 Jun 2015

Wook wrote:Cool tut. Thank you.

selig wrote:
Tuning isn't about frequency, it's about pitch, right? What is needed (IMO) is a pitch readout… ;)
Oh, I meant pitch.

nooomy

03 Jun 2015

yeah freq to pitch would be great, also some settings on the spectrum analyzer so u can set a faster or slower respons and fall time...

Alkua

03 Jun 2015

The Tutorial is very good,but Do drummers tune hihats?

nooomy

04 Jun 2015

Alkua wrote:The Tutorial is very good,but Do drummers tune hihats?
no, not that im aware if. You cant tune real hihats and cymbals, their tune is decided when they are made

Wensell

16 Jun 2015

Thanks for creating and sharing.
Nice that you added a bassline at the end, to show how the drums work
together with other sounds.
I guess it depends on the music you are making, but i dont want to say that the bassline doesn´t work in C. Lets say the song has these chords Am C G F.. Whenever the bass is back in A it will feel like the bass is "home", creating more inpact/dynamic.
Of course, if the song is all just one chord, then you want to have the bass i the A i guess. 

• Information