So, are props convincing you yet?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
zeebot

02 Feb 2015

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Arsenic

02 Feb 2015

So, are props convincing you yet?

No!

sharpblue

02 Feb 2015

zero interest *(in discover that is), its a good little video though, the tempo mapping tips will be usefull at some point etc)

JoshuaPhilgarlic

02 Feb 2015

Well, this tempo mapping thing is pretty cool. But I don't think I'll become a great collaborator now.

RhysHuntley89

02 Feb 2015

I love Reason (7.1) but no, still not convincing me with the Discover thing.

That said, the tempo mapping technique was very cool :)

dreampolice

02 Feb 2015

Wow a bunch of negative nancies here. Ha! Of course this is super cool!

zakalwe

02 Feb 2015

lol so bar enthusing about 'it loads straight into reason!' you could essentially use tap to do that with any audio clip?

damn you .wav format for ruining discover!

craven

02 Feb 2015

RhysHuntley89 wrote: That said, the tempo mapping technique was very cool :)
but wouldn't it be possible to do this automatically? Like timestretch, quantize etc.

:ugeek:

orthodox
RE Developer

02 Feb 2015

Convince me that I should use Apple products? No way.

As for the technique, that's exactly what I did since Reason 7.

dreampolice

02 Feb 2015

Why would you not use Apple products?

GRIFTY

02 Feb 2015

really excited for reason 9 so i can play with this feature lol!

orthodox
RE Developer

02 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:You meant Crapple? :D
Puzzled over that, then found: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crApple
:)

kloeckno

02 Feb 2015

dreampolice wrote:Why would you not use Apple products?
Not speaking for the person you asked, but I don't because I don't like their business model when it comes to hardware. I prefer a choice in what computer I get, and especially when it comes to building a PC. It's like a skilled mechanic that can build their own car, why would he want to buy a pre-made car and spend more for it?

But that is very off-topic. You can use Discover with Reason only by the way!

normen

02 Feb 2015

kloeckno wrote:Not speaking for the person you asked, but I don't because I don't like their business model when it comes to hardware. I prefer a choice in what computer I get, and especially when it comes to building a PC. It's like a skilled mechanic that can build their own car, why would he want to buy a pre-made car and spend more for it?

You built your own phone too? Nice.

kloeckno

02 Feb 2015

That is a great video though, it kinda disproves the whole "Props are pandering to the iPhone/iPad trend now" since it focuses on Reason ultimately.

joeyluck

02 Feb 2015

dreampolice wrote:Why would you not use Apple products?
GeorgeFeb wrote:
PH also should make their toys for Android!

All those talks about "pirating" & latency I won't even consider, if they want to suck only Crapple balls then ok, but I'd go for Google as well, Props! :)

P.S. You can "pirate" any app from the Crapple store as well as from Android one!
Android?  More like Crapnoid!  I use an Android device.  It's not made for professional mobile music making =P  Some folks are so worried about Propellerhead's business decisions, yet many of the same people want Propellerhead to make their apps for a platform that most professional mobile app creators don't support.  Thus, the market of people looking for music making apps on Android is very small.  I don't have an iPhone or iPad, but if I want to be serious about mobile music making, it's clear what I need to purchase...

kloeckno

02 Feb 2015

kloeckno wrote:Not speaking for the person you asked, but I don't because I don't like their business model when it comes to hardware. I prefer a choice in what computer I get, and especially when it comes to building a PC. It's like a skilled mechanic that can build their own car, why would he want to buy a pre-made car and spend more for it?

normen wrote:
You built your own phone too? Nice.
No, but there are modular phones on the horizon! And I have looked into making mobile Android devices, since I have put together some very portable Linux devices for making a DIY light show with LED light strips. Look into the Raspberry Pi! There's some amazing stuff in the open-source community.

Leighbeater

02 Feb 2015

Cool video, this is going to help me with my sloppy guitar strumming that goes in and out of time, I use to leave it but now I shall fix it slightly, this seems easy enough to do, thanks Ryan, make some more videos man

normen

02 Feb 2015

kloeckno wrote:No, but there are modular phones on the horizon! And I have looked into making mobile Android devices, since I have put together some very portable Linux devices for making a DIY light show with LED light strips. Look into the Raspberry Pi! There's some amazing stuff in the open-source community.
Thats what I mean, parts for phones are on the market for decades now, you can fork your own android version too. Come on, I thought you were the DIY guy, you really want to get caught in a proprietary modular system? ;p

On a serious note though, I am very much a fan of DIY devices, just not for getting actual work done with copies of things that are perfectly implemented already. That includes phones, laptops and computers.

• Information