Need help with RE8, no audio-card inputs available !

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Data_Shrine

23 Jan 2015

So.. tonight I decided to try out theses new AMPS in RE8.

My audio-card is a simple Behringer U-Control UCA200 (shows up as USB audio codec). I have no problem using it with my main DAW, I can select both it's outputs and inputs, and it works great. 

But Reason doesn't let me use it for it's audio inputs  :?  I cannot select an option with both "inputs and outputs" for it in the preferences. So I'm stuck with "no audio inputs" in RE8, but fine in my DAW..

As far as I know, it's not possible to feed a Rewire slave audio.. and Soundflower is acting strange, I can't use it properly on Mavericks. Basically, Rewire or not, it's not working.

So instead i've been playing with the amps in my main DAW.

Anyone could help me out ? Thank you ! Image

From OS X preferences, it is selected as an audio input : it doesn't help (in Reason)
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-01-24_at_8.10.36_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-01-24_at_8.10.36_AM.png (49.06 KiB) Viewed 2511 times

LudvigC
Reason Studios

26 Jan 2015

It's not clear from your screenshot what happens when you select "USB Audio Codec" in Reason. Further down on that preference page, there are fields for outputs and inputs - what do these show?

/ LudvigC

Data_Shrine

26 Jan 2015

It shows no inputs, only outputs.

Support wrote me back. The reason is, Reason can't automatically aggregate the device. So in OS X, have to go in "Audio MIDI Setup" (in the Application -> Utilities folder), "audio devices" window should be open, and then, click the "+" to create a new aggregate device. Then select both the IN and OUT of this new device (you can also rename the device). Choose this device in Reason audio pref, and then it should work, if you choose the correct IN and OUT.

It worked for me :)

• Information