Remote mapping questions

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
gullum

23 Jan 2015

Hi I'm working on my own Remote map for my iCon Qcon controllers. So far it's been quite good.

In the pdf document on PH site there are all the commands (remote names)
they have different behaviors such as trigger, Value, Toggle witch are easy enough to understand, there is also a Delta that I don't know what is.

I'm trying to map the select to make reason jump to the track and focus it 
So when I press Select 2 it will focus that track in reason, this way when I'm working with EQ and have the Big analyzer window open it will follow tracks as I select them on my controller.

djsmex

01 May 2020

Delta refers to encoder style controls, these generally use relative values like +1 or -1 instead of absolute values 0 to 127. As for track selection via a controller, you have a few different options.
1. Use the Reason Document scope with either the Target Track (Delta) or the Target Previous Track and Target Next Track. However, if the control item used is also used in another scope like Reason Mixer or other device, the latter will take priority, as the Reason Document scope has the lowest priority level.
2. In the Reason Master Section scope, use either the Remote Base Channel Delta or Next Remote Base Channel and Previous Remote Base Channel but note MIDI focus will need to be on the master mixer in the rack and sequencer. The MIDI focus is indicated by a rightwards arrow in the top-left edge of the rack next to the device and in the sequencer by the same rightwards arrow in the sequencer track. If a device in the rack doesn't have an associated sequencer track, it can not get MIDI focus until you create a sequencer track. You can do this by just clicking in the top-left highlighted edge of the rack for the device and an arrow and sequencer track will be created.

• Information