Benedict's Tutorial List

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
gullum

22 Jan 2015

are the any links to remote mapping tutorials? I'm mainly looking for the reason commands 
Things like Maximize Mixer/Rack commands for the F5-F6 buttons  

Benedict
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2015

Remote info is on the main Props site under Technology/Remote

Key Commands I would expect to be in the owner's manual

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

gullum

22 Jan 2015

Thanks I found the pdf file for reason default devices. My Panorama P4 can switch between Mixer/Rack/sequencer but i suspect it it sending keyboard commands not midi.
Anyway if it's not possible I do not mind that much as my keyboard (for typing) is alway right infant of me. SO i'll just map the unmapped buttons to other things.
There is enough in the pdf file to cover all unused buttons :D

Lunesis

30 Jun 2015

I actually think I will split this thread up when we move to the new software and probably lock it so that Benedict can have his own tut list, but until then... if we had one sticky for all tuts then there would be no point in having a whole subforum.

Jagwah

16 Jul 2015

Benedict wrote:I figured I'd start with a list of all the articles and Tutorials I posted at PUF.
A great resource, thank you.

Jmax

12 Aug 2015

Thanks Benedict.. lovely music as well. Listened to your newest album and am impressed.

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Aug 2015

Thanks Mr Max

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Shiva666

12 Apr 2016

Thank you very much Sir!

Benedict
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2016

No problemo Mr l'Evil

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Barouch

17 May 2018

Great List of tutos and articles, thank you so much.
I am a game devloper, DJ mixer, love making music with FL studio.

Namyo85

07 Jun 2018

Awesome website. An abundance of articles, downloads, music and all manner of usefulness! Much appreciate the site. :cool:

bihi

31 Jul 2018

Wow, this is a big list man.
thank you so much.

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2019

Hi All

I have added a new feature to my teaching materials called Mix Walkthroughs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... mXIauoJraq

In these, videos I take in a track and mix it. I A/B the original mix against mine, play the whole new mix and then talk through all the decisions made to make the mix. This is the latest:

All my work is still done in Reason (11 now) and I am very open to having submissions from interested people. I get a video for my series, you get to see your work mixed and have something to share with your fans.

-If you are a Reason person then your project file is wonderful (print any REs I don't have or I'll make new sounds in the mix)
-If you are not Reason or mostly work in another DAW then Stems all the way. If you need a hand knowing how to prepare stems: https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2018/12/2 ... -hysteria/ and scroll down.
-Be sure I have your original mix as an mp3 for the A/B part.
-Include your Artworks, website links, etc so I can include them for you.

Either PM me here or via my Facebook Messenger https://www.facebook.com/benedict.roffmarsh
:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh

david1806

24 Apr 2020

Hi Benedict.....

.....thanks for helping me discover Boz Scaggs...!! Bit MOTR for me but dang, you are right, that is an awesome mix!! :D

moneykube

25 Apr 2020

selig wrote:
17 Jan 2015
Hey Benedict, 

I'm very happy to see you here, and glad to see you settling in and creating some structure for this forum already!
I'm thinking this should probably be a sticky, but don't know if this forum software allows it. 
[edit - it's called "pinning", and this thread has now officially been pinned!]

But welcome, thank you, and hope to see you dig in and make this your new home for tutorials etc. Anything I can do to help, just let me know!

awesome was going to suggest a pin for this... thank you Benedict :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information