n00b question: How do I sync multiple instances of Reason to play together?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
challism

22 May 2024

Is this even a thing?

I've got years of projects saved. I have so many projects in the same key and tempo. The thought in the back of my mind has always been that someday I will go through them and see which ones could be combined... sort of like the Beatles medley, but with much, much less talent.

Anyway, is there any way I can sync/link the clocks so the transport will control all instances of Reason?

Totally asking for a friend.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Aosta

22 May 2024

I've investigated this before but have not found a solution except counting manually, clicking play and hoping for the best.
Tend the flame

Pepin

22 May 2024

I think you could use Ableton Link if you had two Reason licenses and two computers (or a VM might work). Obviously not ideal.

Adabler
Competition Winner

22 May 2024

If it's not a thing maybe you could export your songs as mp3s and use a DJ software?
:reason: 12, Win10

Aosta

22 May 2024

Adabler wrote:
22 May 2024
If it's not a thing maybe you could export your songs as mp3s and use a DJ software?
I've actually exported tracks I want as wavs and then imported them all and created a mix in a new reason song, pretty simple beat matching in the sequencer and using fades.
There is a time limit on the length a song can reach in Reason though.
Tend the flame

• Information