Making Deep House

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
EdGrip

22 Apr 2018

Excellent guide.

fotizimo

22 Apr 2018

That is good and all, but wait until you get to the Techno version. So much more deep and meaningful, and let's face it, who has 5 minutes to make a track these days. 6 steps is much easier:

Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

Runner2x

22 Apr 2018

What I take from this is it serves as a great example of how Beatport is flooded with garbage. That is pretty funny.

jimmyklane

23 Apr 2018

Runner2x wrote:
22 Apr 2018
What I take from this is it serves as a great example of how Beatport is flooded with garbage. That is pretty funny.
I believe that’s because any guy with a laptop and a bunch of pirated VSTs can make (bad) music that’s (poorly) mixed, home mastered, and smashed to within an inch of its life. As a recording engineer for years a lot of newer music offends me....the vinyl releases seem to be a bit less compressed but that could be confirmation bias as work!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Runner2x

24 Apr 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
23 Apr 2018
I believe that’s because any guy with a laptop and a bunch of pirated VSTs can make (bad) music that’s (poorly) mixed, home mastered, and smashed to within an inch of its life. As a recording engineer for years a lot of newer music offends me....the vinyl releases seem to be a bit less compressed but that could be confirmation bias as work!
I have some crap on Beatport myself but it wasn't my doing (collaboration, remix contests, etc)! :oops: I still haven't formally submitted anything to this day actually. Well, there was that one time a random bedroom label from across the pond asked me for some tracks and I gave them away. We were all starting out and I don't think that counts. :D

I agree about the vinyl aspect from what I hear in my musical preferences.

I would like to take a moment to give some further thought - not so much to alleviate annoyance but to try to take this deeper down the rabbit hole.

It's one thing to poke fun at the simple functionality of any given musical characteristics. I can appreciate that. What I don't like is the appeal of instant gratification with the sensational and perhaps ego-driven display of mediocrity. This doesn't do anybody a lick of good and it deteriorates the perception of the process required. The guy doing this video probably has around five years experience just to make a spectacle of himself and put his mediocre track on Beatport with a nice video promo idea. I looked at the label Proper Recs and they only have a two track EP release with the techno track included.

Maybe he should put more effort into musical innovation! :lightbulb:

Ain't nothing wrong with being a YouTuber though and I'm just giving an opinion.

EdGrip

25 Apr 2018

If you loved that, you'll like this

• Information