Clone channels and ghost channels like Fl Studio???

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jowe79

19 Mar 2017

Hi reason experts!! I have a doubt...how i can clone channles or tracks like fl... for create various layers of my basslines for example in reason 9??? Or simply duplicate tracks?

In another question... ghost channels o ghost notes for i have a referencenof notes from other tracks.....how i can activate or how we can able this feature like Fl studio in Reason???
Thanks!!
Responses will be very appreciate...:)
Jordi

Jowe79

20 Mar 2017

Nobody knows???? :shock:

Loque

20 Mar 2017

I dont know FLS, but afaik ghosting is not fully available. You can ghost notes, but the synth or fx may still consume CPU. You can bounce in place in Reason 9,which automatically ghosts the clip.

For duplicating you can duplicate tracks and everything else, also all at once. You can use a splitter / spider to duplicate a audio signal and process it.

Hope, that helps.
Reason12, Win10

QVprod

20 Mar 2017

Jowe79 wrote:Hi reason experts!! I have a doubt...how i can clone channles or tracks like fl... for create various layers of my basslines for example in reason 9??? Or simply duplicate tracks?

In another question... ghost channels o ghost notes for i have a referencenof notes from other tracks.....how i can activate or how we can able this feature like Fl studio in Reason???
Thanks!!
Jordi
By ghosting in FL you seem to mean using the chords/ notes from another channel as a reference to stay in key? Just did a quick search and found a video.

If so then no you can't ghost notes, but there are 2 things you can do (or the combination of both) in Reason 9:

1. option/alt drag (duplicate) a midi clip from one track to another and edit it.

2. Use the Scales and Chords player, which will keep you in key and can create chords from notes.

Jowe79

20 Mar 2017

Thanks... then... the View Ghost notes for reference inthe SAME track is not available in reason 9 yet? True??
I wish this feature in reason!!

mreese80

04 Apr 2017

QVprod wrote:
Jowe79 wrote:Hi reason experts!! I have a doubt...how i can clone channles or tracks like fl... for create various layers of my basslines for example in reason 9??? Or simply duplicate tracks?

Thanks!!
Jordi
By ghosting in FL you seem to mean using the chords/ notes from another channel as a reference to stay in key? Just did a quick search and found a video.

If so then no you can't ghost notes, but there are 2 things you can do (or the combination of both) in Reason 9:

1. option/alt drag (duplicate) a midi clip from one track to another and edit it.

2. Use the Scales and Chords player, which will keep you in key and can create chords from notes.
this is about as close as you're gonna get to it in reason. Basically the same thing just the view of it is different than fl studio.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

• Information