Quantise issue

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
SWEAT1984

06 Jan 2017

Hi so this happened the other night

Quantise was activated on the transport - I recorded a part - but when I looked at the Midi it was not snapped to the grid?
How is this possible? it's a real workflow killer please help !

selig
RE Developer

06 Jan 2017

SWEAT1984 wrote:Hi so this happened the other night

Quantise was activated on the transport - I recorded a part - but when I looked at the Midi it was not snapped to the grid?
How is this possible? it's a real workflow killer please help !
What about "Quantize Record" (Q RECORD)? You can always quantize after the fact, which involves selecting the clip and hitting command K (mac), not exactly a workflow "killer"…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Creativemind

06 Jan 2017

Yeah as Selig said, you didn't have Q Record (Quantize Record) selected on the transport. See far left of the pic. :-)

If you don't Quantize Record then the notes will fall wherever you played them, then again, as Selig said, highlight the notes you want to quantize and hit Ctrl/K on Windows or the shortcut for mac stated above.
Attachments
Q Record.JPG
Q Record.JPG (15.76 KiB) Viewed 884 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

SWEAT1984

06 Jan 2017

Sorry guys I did have it activated thats my point - I have no clue as to what would cause this?

selig
RE Developer

06 Jan 2017

SWEAT1984 wrote:Sorry guys I did have it activated thats my point - I have no clue as to what would cause this?
You said quantize was activated, not quantize record - just being clear in case you didn't realize what you said.

Nothing I'm aware of can cause this, it's impossible to happen in my experience. If you can't replicate then it will have to remain unsolved (chalk it up to the random universe we live in) - if you CAN recreate, make a video and submit to the Props!
Selig Audio, LLC

snapperdub
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2017

It will not lock to grid if in the tool window you have less than 100% selected as your quantize amount.

SWEAT1984

06 Jan 2017

selig wrote:
SWEAT1984 wrote:Sorry guys I did have it activated thats my point - I have no clue as to what would cause this?
You said quantize was activated, not quantize record - just being clear in case you didn't realize what you said.

Nothing I'm aware of can cause this, it's impossible to happen in my experience. If you can't replicate then it will have to remain unsolved (chalk it up to the random universe we live in) - if you CAN recreate, make a video and submit to the Props!
Hi Selig sorry I hope I didn't come across the wrong way , thanks for your help and It is no longer doing it (only did it one take) so it must have been something I did but didn't notice (like hit a keyboard shortcut by mistake) sorry was just freaking out a bit LOL

selig
RE Developer

06 Jan 2017

SWEAT1984 wrote:
selig wrote:

Hi Selig sorry I hope I didn't come across the wrong way , thanks for your help and It is no longer doing it (only did it one take) so it must have been something I did but didn't notice (like hit a keyboard shortcut by mistake) sorry was just freaking out a bit LOL
Sorry if "I" came off the wrong way - didn't mean to imply anything, was just confused by your original wording and wanted to be clear we were talking about the same thing!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information