how to smooth cv with stock re's

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
ahs

11 Jul 2015

can i have lag controll with stock re's to smooth cv changes ?

kloeckno

11 Jul 2015

Yes, Pulveriser can do that. Input the CV into the follower input, and use the attack and release knobs to adjust the lag.

InavigableHeart

12 Jul 2015

Whats the difference between lag and slew, is slew effectively the same thing?

ahs

12 Jul 2015

i am after a smooth curve before and after like a attack and release. follower don't do this
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (124.4 KiB) Viewed 1712 times

hamu

12 Jul 2015

ModSlewer does exactly this, with a constant slope all the way. But it's not a stock device, sorry...

Olivier

12 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:i am after a smooth curve before and after like a attack and release. follower don't do this
Unfortunately we have no slew limiters where you can choose the behaviour in reason.. Be it pulveriser or RE. Also, the lag time on pulveriser is quite short. Only about 15 seconds when set to max. And considering that its exponential only the first few seconds are really usable. There are Re alternatives if you need to go longer though.

Apologies, going a bit offtopic...

I really mis a proper, versatile slewer.

I'm hoping Lectric Panda will one day update Janitor with an upgrade that adds one more dial to gradually select between Exponential through linear into logarithmic behaviour.

Actually.. Somebody build me something as versatile as this: http://www.makenoisemusic.com/maths.shtml and i will gladly pay 50 if not more.

hamu wrote:ModSlewer does exactly this, with a constant slope all the way. But it's not a stock device, sorry...
A constant slope ? I'm confused here because the description page says logarithmic, not linear behaviour. Or do you mean the time dial set the time according to a logarithmic scale ?
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

hamu

12 Jul 2015

eauhm wrote: Or do you mean the time dial set the time according to a logarithmic scale ?
That's it, eauhm!
Alas, I know I have a way of expressing myself which sometimes can be difficult to follow. Of course a picture would have made things much clearer...
Anyway, the slope is constant, and separate for going up or down. And you have 12 separate slew shapers in one device, each with separate rate settings; How's that for space saving in the rack? ;)
BTW, are you sure there's no other RE that can do a constant slope? There are so many REs out there... :o

Olivier

12 Jul 2015

hamu wrote:
eauhm wrote: Or do you mean the time dial set the time according to a logarithmic scale ?
That's it, eauhm!
Alas, I know I have a way of expressing myself which sometimes can be difficult to follow. Of course a picture would have made things much clearer...
Anyway, the slope is constant, and separate for going up or down. And you have 12 separate slew shapers in one device, each with separate rate settings; How's that for space saving in the rack? ;)
BTW, are you sure there's no other RE that can do a constant slope? There are so many REs out there... :o
As for CV slewing, i'm pretty sure there are only 2 options currently. Yours doing linear slewing, Lectric Panda's Janitor doing exponential. No logarithmic available currently.

ScavvP

12 Jul 2015

eauhm wrote:
hamu wrote:
That's it, eauhm!
As for CV slewing, i'm pretty sure there are only 2 options currently. Yours doing linear slewing, Lectric Panda's Janitor doing exponential. No logarithmic available currently.
Don´t forget Zvork´s SH-1 https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/volt-sh-1/. The filter section can also be used for slewing.

manisnotabird

12 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:i am after a smooth curve before and after like a attack and release. follower don't do this
Unbenannt.png
In your picture the release is set to zero. Set it to something other than zero and the the bits you drew the red lines to while be more curved.

Olivier

12 Jul 2015

ScavvP wrote:
Don´t forget Zvork´s SH-1 https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/volt-sh-1/. The filter section can also be used for slewing.
Hmm, this sorta works; slew rate on both rise and fall. I like the BP/HP/LP modes, thats another way of looking at it. But it kind of results in having logarithmically or exponentially shaped slew where the latter dips into the negative... But then the max slew time is only 5 seconds and there is no linear slew. I'm not convinced by this option either :P

ahs

12 Jul 2015

it doesnt matter where the release knob is,you have a spike at this point !

i am thinking about cv to audio and filter than audio to cv but get around with the rght settings

ahs

12 Jul 2015

it seems that SH1 does the trick
can't upload png file ??? get always a warning triangle in yellow without any error

darrellp

23 Dec 2016

I use a Loleth delay splitter which is not off the shelf, but allows you to average samples together. I just set the delays for the splitters to 0, 1/32 note, 1/16 note and 1/8 note and then sum them together with a Spider and weight each input to 32 (which divides them by 4 and sums - i.e., the average). Then I run them through a pulverizer and even with totally random inputs (0-127) on each 16th note, get a nice gliding, smooth, usable output. You can stretch things out a bit if you want slower curves or speed them all up and follow the input more closely.

challism

24 Dec 2016

I'm going to move this thread to the tutorials and techniques section.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

selig
RE Developer

24 Dec 2016

I've used Thor (yet again) for this, but there's a trick to getting it to work. You have to force the LP Filter frequency down far below the normal range. Do this by setting it as low as it will go (use any of the 24 dB/Oct filters for this), and then use the mod matrix to drive it down to the sub-sonic range. You can use a Rotary assigned to Frequency with a negative value of -100 - use two mod slots to drive it even further, then use the Rotary to adjust Lag/Slew.

Use Filter 3 for this trick, then patch the CV into and out of Thor via the CV I/O jacks, and route it into and out of Filter 3.
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information