How do I do sequencer ratcheting with the stock devices?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Catblack

04 Jan 2017

I'm curious if anyone knows any way or has any easy tips on how to do sequencer ratcheting using the stock devices?

Something like this, but I'm more looking for a tip on technique rather than to recreate the sound.

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Olivier

04 Jan 2017

I was able to build a form of ratcheting in thor's sequencer, by using one of the curves to modulate the rate of LFO 2 outputting a squarewave to drive the gate.

Just needs a bit of routing...

Make sure that the rate of LFO2 is the same as that of the sequencer. Using curve 2 you can then modify LFO2 Rate.

LFO 2 is being output through CV out 1 as gate signal. Note is coming from the step sequencer note CV out.
I've scaled LFO2 by seq. Gate so that notes that are set to off in the sequencer won't sound.
Changing the gate length will allow you to change the number of repeats. Basically the length of the ratcheted gates can't be modified using this method. Instead it alters the number of repeats.
RatcheTHOR.zip
(845 Bytes) Downloaded 60 times
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

selig
RE Developer

04 Jan 2017

You can also do a form of ratcheting with the Dual Arp Player, by assigning a button (or sustain pedal?) to two functions: Repeat and Rate. By doubling the rate and engaging repeat, you can get the basic 2x ratcheting effect very easily!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Catblack

04 Jan 2017

Peter wrote:

This is surpasses what I was hoping to figure out today! Thanks Peter and JoshuaPhilgarlic!!!

Damn.

jonheal

04 Jan 2017

Peter wrote:JoshuaPhilgarlic's Ratchetizer ...
Very nice! I would like to deconstruct this setup and also see if it's possible to prevent it from firing at slightly the wrong time.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Catblack

04 Jan 2017

jonheal wrote:
Peter wrote:JoshuaPhilgarlic's Ratchetizer ...
Very nice! I would like to deconstruct this setup and also see if it's possible to prevent it from firing at slightly the wrong time.
Perhaps one could tie it into the regroove or global shuffle.

Damn.

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2017

Not stock but if you are into Seq devices (as I assume you are) then Robotic Bean Step Note Recorder is super and includes Ratcheting.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -recorder/

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

selig
RE Developer

04 Jan 2017

Here's a version of the Ratcheting Combinator with the non-stock devices removed, for anyone interested…
Selig Audio, LLC

theshoemaker

04 Jan 2017

Benedict wrote:Not stock but if you are into Seq devices (as I assume you are) then Robotic Bean Step Note Recorder is super and includes Ratcheting.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -recorder/

Same with Korde ... and looking forward to the new PSQ V3 version with a modulation matrix.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Emian

04 Jan 2017

Step & Korde RE both have ratchet function .... Time to trial [emoji6]

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

MitchClark89

05 Jan 2017

selig wrote:Here's a version of the Ratcheting Combinator with the non-stock devices removed, for anyone interested…
thanks to you selig again. i would like to try this and do some learning/experimenting :D

• Information