Dawesome myth

Discuss VST stuff here!
Popey
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2024

Been saving the pennies and waiting patiently for dawesome myth and release day is tomorrow (18th April).

Thought I would share in case anyone else likes this sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/live/xnyma6joRW ... E3sD5zgKEj

Despondo
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2024

Cool! Thanks for the heads-up!

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2024

Despondo wrote:
17 Apr 2024
Cool! Thanks for the heads-up!
No worries👍

If you are thinking of getting it the cheapest place appears to be jrr shop using the group discount code.

platzangst

22 Apr 2024

What's the hook on this one? So far from what I see, it claims that you can drop an audio file in and have it become an "iris", which is supposedly somehow different than just loading a sample in a sampler or granular synth, but I really haven't seen anything yet that explains HOW that's different, or what it's actually doing.

I am all fully for new and strange methods of synthesis, but I also want a plausible theory behind it. Tone2 did (does?) a lot of promo texts promising *the most unique form of synthesis EVAR* for their synths, but a lot of it sounded like a lot of woo, frankly. Can someone point me to a more clear description of what's supposed to be happening with Myth?

_andreypetr_

22 Apr 2024

platzangst wrote:
22 Apr 2024
What's the hook on this one? So far from what I see, it claims that you can drop an audio file in and have it become an "iris", which is supposedly somehow different than just loading a sample in a sampler or granular synth, but I really haven't seen anything yet that explains HOW that's different, or what it's actually doing.

I am all fully for new and strange methods of synthesis, but I also want a plausible theory behind it. Tone2 did (does?) a lot of promo texts promising *the most unique form of synthesis EVAR* for their synths, but a lot of it sounded like a lot of woo, frankly. Can someone point me to a more clear description of what's supposed to be happening with Myth?
Are far as I know, you can check manual

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2024

platzangst wrote:
22 Apr 2024

The only description I could find is in the manual but I still do not understand it. The results are not really that much resemblance to the sample unless you use the pure transformer. The manual can be found here:

https://www.tracktion.com/products/myth ... 20organism.

I really like myth so far and I would suggest trialling it as for me it's quite different to most of my other synths. Trial is 90 days so quite generous.

_andreypetr_

22 Apr 2024

Okay, I did it on my own. Here is the description from the manual

When you drop audio onto the IRIS,
machine learning is used to re-synthesize
the sample in a special way.

MYTH approximates your sample by
finding the optimal combination of four
static sounds whose volume is controlled
by an envelope curve

platzangst

23 Apr 2024

Hm, I see. So it seems to be doing something similar in concept to Synplant, which supposedly uses AI to mimic a sample as close as possible using conventional synthesis.

_andreypetr_

23 Apr 2024

Synplant is much better in recreating sounds. But Myth is very nice in modeling and randomizing them

• Information