Fast Bundle Plug-ins - The Collective - Thoughts?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Hugorama

27 Feb 2024

These are for sale for US$10 each.
Anyone using them? I couldn't find anything here about these products, their pros and cons etc.
https://collective.focusrite.com/products/
Cheers!

cocoazenith

27 Feb 2024

I know they are made by an austrian company, Sonible, so they probably have the same quality as their retail plugins.

I got Balancer (which has dissapeared) with my Scarlett interface and due a glitch in The Collective's shopping cart system I eventually got all of them for free :shh:

Never use them though...probably because I got 'em for free...or is it because they are austrian...?

WarStar

27 Feb 2024

Hugorama wrote:
27 Feb 2024
Anyone using them? I couldn't find anything here about these products, their pros and cons etc.
Cheers!
If I recall, I believe they use some Sonible code in their plugins..

I liked the link but didn't see any sale price for $10

_andreypetr_

27 Feb 2024

On my MacBook M1 fast bundle works okay but it always shows that plugin could not reach presets folder so I always need to click ok to continue. Now I'm using only fast reverb and should say it is good for making natural reverb taste for my tracks.
Never liked Balancer and Limiter results and EQ is not that good, but I should say that it surely worth 10$ at least. Depends on your usecases. I've bought Smart Limiter, Compressor and EQ and never regret it. Except Smart EQ 4 bugs on M1 that Sonible still trying to fix.
For me it looks like Fast bundle is often on sale and giveways because it is one-time product without future updates and long-time support.

joeyluck

27 Feb 2024

I have the Balancer plugins (both the original by Sonible/Focusrite and "Fast Balancer" by Focusrite). I believe the original was free for everybody at some point and Fast Balancer is available for free with Focusrite gear?

I use Balancer from time to time. I'll often just use it for a quick fix while I'm writing, or throw it on several tracks to get ideas and inspiration of ways I could consider EQ'ing something. Just like writing, I might have habits and overlook different ways a track could be EQ'd, thinking about how I think it should sound, so it's always interesting to see that the software suggests.

I don't usually leave it on a track because I can't see its settings under the hood. And while it's probably safe, I maybe don't trust that it will retain those settings because I can't see them lol. But the main point is that if it produces a result I like, I start aiming for that with another EQ so I can also have the flexibility to tailor it more. I guess that would be the benefit of the other Smart/Fast plugins that aren't as basic as Balancer. I have all the izotope stuff too that will make suggestions and then allow me the flexibility to edit.

Hugorama

28 Feb 2024

Thanks everyone. I think I'll pass, not so much because of the price, but more the hassle of learning and integrating yet another tool, in an environnement where there are potentially too many!

joeyluck

29 Feb 2024

WarStar wrote:
27 Feb 2024
Hugorama wrote:
27 Feb 2024
Cheers!
If I recall, I believe they use some Sonible code in their plugins..

I liked the link but didn't see any sale price for $10
Found it here: https://us.focusrite.com/articles/get-fast-for-999

It's with using discount codes. I guess it ends today.

I'm trying Fast EQ now and I think I might get it. It offers that flexibility that I don't get with Fast Balancer. And then the "fast" versus "detailed" control is pretty handy with its suggestions for characteristics of the chosen type of sound source.

joeyluck

29 Feb 2024

Bummer they don't accept paypal. And they also don't inform in any way what they use for processing the payment or make the standard claim that the payment is secure... just "card details" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

no payment options.png
no payment options.png (103.46 KiB) Viewed 394 times

• Information