TAL Software TAL-Pha -- Roland Alpha Juno-2 Emulation

Discuss VST stuff here!
luckygreen

18 Feb 2024

Just a heads-up if you haven't read it somewhere else. TAL Software has released their Roland Alpha Juno-2 Emulation "TAL-Pha".

I like their plugins very much and this one is no exception. TAL-Pha plays nicely with Reason v12.7.3, I experieced no glitches. Played the demo for a few minutes. Had to buy it. Sounds sweet. All factory patches of the hardware unit are included.

Look at that feature list: It reads sysex from the hardware, can be used to remote control the hardware and has a voice tuning table to modify each voices cutoff, tuning and envelope slightly to give it more analogy vibe than even the hardware had. Another nice addition: resonance boost. The filter of the Alpha Juno-2 is considered to be inferior to the one of the earlier Junos. This feature might help with that.
Virtual_Tuning.png
Virtual_Tuning.png (134.37 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
Intro offer: USD 64.00 instead of USD 80.00 + VAT

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-pha

And if you want even more presets look at Matts video on youtube, drop him an email, he may still give you a 40 % discount for his 220-presets-pack and a discount code for TAL-Pha to get another 10 % off the intro offer for the TAL-Pha plugin.

Here's a nice read on the Roland Alpha Junos on SOS:
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ro ... a-juno-1-2
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

Neo

18 Feb 2024

Danke LG
Will check it out^

A fan of the RE aswell https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2024

I think this looks really good but am trying not to spend money on stuff I kinda got covered but it is tempting.

One advantage of this release is that it reminded me I had redominator so just installed and jamming on that.

DaveyG

18 Feb 2024

They make good synths but I wish they would give them better names. ;p

luckygreen

18 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote:
18 Feb 2024
Suggestions?

Maybe change the spelling from "TAL-Pha" to "(t) Alpha" or instead of calling it "Alpha Juno 2" call it "α, you know too" :puf_smile: at least no copyright infringement I reckon.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

DaveyG

18 Feb 2024

luckygreen wrote:
18 Feb 2024
DaveyG wrote:
18 Feb 2024
Suggestions?
Well, they could start by dropping the "TAL".
And then changing all of the other letters in some of them. Example: TAL-U-NO-LX. Not exactly catchy, is it?

DaveyG

18 Feb 2024

joeyluck wrote:
18 Feb 2024
Funny, I actually like the name of this one lol
I'll grant you it is one of their better ones. It only grates on me slightly. :D

huggermugger

18 Feb 2024

I replaced my JX-3p with an Alpha Juno 2 back in my early commercial MIDI studio days (1985-1995). I liked the Alpha Juno so much that I also bought two rackmount MKS-50s (multi-timbral synths were still quite rare). One of my favourite factory sounds was the Cello. Wouldn't fool anyone, really, but they really nailed the essential timbre and resonance of a bowed cello string. The TAL version does a great job with not just the Cello but with all the factory presets.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 1.42.29 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 1.42.29 PM.png (333.71 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

• Information