Midi files or midi generator tool

Discuss VST stuff here!
Darkersound

15 Feb 2024

Afternoon. I am playing around with Kickstart2 (great little plugin). What interests me is the midi mode. Does anyone have any recommendations for decent midi note generators to save the faff of using Reasons midi roll that I can simply feed into Kickstsrt2 ? (I want to chop up a lead synth Franky Wah/Rival consoles style).

I’ve had a play with pulsar/cv and a modulation wheel controlling the LFO rate/volume - I feel that maybe kickstart 2 is the better option.

Thanks in advance.

crimsonwarlock

15 Feb 2024

Maybe look into Pump RE, it is free these days: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-extension/pump/
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Mataya

16 Feb 2024

I'm not sure what kind of chopping you're talking about, but maybe a khs trance gate or synchronous would chop the audio nicely and rhythmically. Khs trance gate is a free Re.

M

Darkersound

16 Feb 2024

Thanks kindly for the time taken to reply guys.

I suppose the best way is to hear what I mean:

From the start of this lovely track by Rival Consoles(Recovery) he uses a very fast gate/chop that appears to be adjusted maybe by a midi controller - love the way it's nicely rolls.

This is another great track called Worlds Apart by Franky Wah. He uses a very similar effect at around 2mins 33 sec.

Any ideas on how to achieve the above would be very much appreciated.

Have a good weekend.

• Information