Soundpaint 3.0

Discuss VST stuff here!

jam-s

09 Jan 2024

Very nice new features. If they keep on innovating and improving like this Kontakt might really get booted to 2nd place for sample based Instruments.

DaveyG

10 Jan 2024

jam-s wrote:
09 Jan 2024
Very nice new features. If they keep on innovating and improving like this Kontakt might really get booted to 2nd place for sample based Instruments.
It'll take a large bomb to dislodge Kontakt from the top of the tree. It's the Photoshop of its world.

Nice to see Soundpaint progressing though. The installation of 3.0 just made me scowl by installing Standalone, VST2, VST3 and AAX without giving me the option to select which one I want but I'm happy to have their free instruments. I'm unlikely to part with any cash though! (I could also do without their sound downloader congratulating me every time it downloads a new free library... :| )

Loque

10 Jan 2024

I like this Color feature. Would be nice as a RE, but i guess it is a bit more than just adding some FX, rather changing the playback.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

10 Jan 2024

DaveyG wrote:
10 Jan 2024
The installation of 3.0 just made me scowl by installing Standalone, VST2, VST3 and AAX without giving me the option to select which one I want but I'm happy to have their free instruments. I'm unlikely to part with any cash though! (I could also do without their sound downloader congratulating me every time it downloads a new free library... :| )
It gave me the option of which to install. I'm on macOS. Not sure if the installer is different in that regard.

One of the useful notifications I think is the hidden gem patches.

DaveyG

10 Jan 2024

joeyluck wrote:
10 Jan 2024
DaveyG wrote:
10 Jan 2024
The installation of 3.0 just made me scowl by installing Standalone, VST2, VST3 and AAX without giving me the option to select which one I want but I'm happy to have their free instruments. I'm unlikely to part with any cash though! (I could also do without their sound downloader congratulating me every time it downloads a new free library... :| )
It gave me the option of which to install. I'm on macOS. Not sure if the installer is different in that regard.
Windows here and definitely no options to selectively install. You can set the destination folders but not opt out of any formats.
It's not a showstopper, it's just a bit impolite by modern standards.

BananaSkins

11 Jan 2024

Many companies install various versions of software that you don't need without giving you a choice...

Don't forget if your using Windows if you don't use ProTools you can delete the folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

It might free up some pace... :thumbs_up:

challism

11 Jan 2024

DaveyG wrote:
10 Jan 2024
jam-s wrote:
09 Jan 2024
It'll take a large bomb to dislodge Kontakt from the top of the tree. It's the Photoshop of its world.
MS Paint has left the chat.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information