Tracktion introduces Outersect Modeler

Discuss VST stuff here!
platzangst

06 Jan 2024

Looks like modeling synthesis is catching on. Just got an email about this:

Not sure what I think. Looks interesting, from all the few minutes I've looked into it, although with anything one has to remember not to let expectations run away with one's wallet. Having Objekt, that handles a lot of my modeling interests so I'm not sure what this would significantly add to my arsenal. Anyone out there have more informed thoughts?

DaveyG

07 Jan 2024

That one doesn't float my boat but I would observe that Traktion are currently top of the pile when it comes to releasing interesting synths - stuff like Kult, Abyss and F'em (although I dislike that name!).

platzangst

07 Jan 2024

I'm sure I got the email since I bought F'em during some heavily-discounted sale, so they hooked me at least that much.

On another note, I tried to go back and edit the original post to add an actual product page link, but couldn't for the life of me find an edit button, so I guess the forum has changed since the last time I wanted to edit a post. Anyways, here's that link:

https://www.tracktion.com/products/outersect-modeler

DaveyG

07 Jan 2024

platzangst wrote:
07 Jan 2024
On another note, I tried to go back and edit the original post to add an actual product page link, but couldn't for the life of me find an edit button, so I guess the forum has changed since the last time I wanted to edit a post. A
Yeah, not sure when they introduced it but now you only have a short time to edit a post to correct typos and add afterthoughts before the edit option is disabled. I think it's protection against evil spammers who make sensible-looking posts then go back and add their dodgy links a day or so later.

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2024

Personally think this looks good but think I am fine with objekt as I haven't really deep dived into that yet.

I am kinda interested in dawesome myth which is due to be released at some point shortly which has some sort of modelled filter and sample osc thing that sounds fun.

Dawesome release under traktion site so wonder if any of the tech is related.

• Information