Rhodes V-Pan free until end of January

Discuss VST stuff here!

joeyluck

19 Dec 2023

Install is not going smoothly. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to authorize 😅

After installing and starting Reason, Reason gives a plugin error:
There were errors when inspecting some plugins. Check plugin status in the Manage Plugins window.
The Manage Plugins window shows that V-Pan "crashed". If I enable it and launch Reason again, it does the same thing again.

It still shows in the browser and loads into the rack and runs in trial mode. But when I enter my serial number, I get the error:
There is no application set to open the URL gorillaengine://license/activate...
From their FAQ:
CodeMeter is a state-of-the-art copy protection system used by software vendors around the world. Some plugin developers choose to use it in their Gorilla Engine-based products to protect their code and audio sample data from software piracy. It is used in conjunction with our Gorilla Manager app which ensures that software is licensed and authorized to run on a computer.

What exactly do they do?

• CodeMeter handles the actual cryptography and checking of licenses.

• Gorilla Manager handles trial periods, authorization screens and more.

For your plugins to work properly, both of these applications must be running in the background. Note that these are lightweight applications that place little or no demands on your computer and store all information locally (no personal data is transmitted to the cloud).

Do I need Internet access?

Internet access is only required at the time of authorization. Once authorization is successfully completed, you can disconnect your computer from the Internet and still use our plugins.
I have Codemeter running, but I guess I don't have this Gorilla Manager. It wasn't included with the download and I don't see it on their site (you'd think a link to it would be included in the FAQ). I also looked on UJAM's site (assuming that this is a "Gorilla Engine-based product" and that's the same as UJAM's Gorilla Engine). I guess the UJAM products I have don't use this. If anybody else grabs this and figures out how to make it work, let me know :)

DaveyG

19 Dec 2023

You might already have tried it but I'd try authorising it in a different DAW. I've had a few plug-ins in the past that work fine in Reason but would not authorise in it. No idea why.

I'd try it myself but this plug-in is not of mush interest to me.

joeyluck

19 Dec 2023

DaveyG wrote:
19 Dec 2023
You might already have tried it but I'd try authorising it in a different DAW. I've had a few plug-ins in the past that work fine in Reason but would not authorise in it. No idea why.

I'd try it myself but this plug-in is not of mush interest to me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that later.
Yeah it seems like a pretty basic plugin. I'm happy with the vibrato pan on S73. Might find other uses for this.

NoiseCrime

19 Dec 2023

Strange. I can't help but wonder if it uses CodeMeter and Reason recently removed it, if there is some conflict going on. Maybe Reason explicitly prevents calls to CodeMeter from within it due to the assumption that the DAW shouldn't need to anymore?

Alternatively have you updated CodeMeter recently? If you haven't perhaps you're on an old version that is incompatible, or if you did update, maybe its too new for the plugin?

selig
RE Developer

19 Dec 2023

This looks like an LFO based panner? The original Rhodes panner, which I now have in my studio (bucket list, yay!) is NOT a simple LFO waveform. It looks really lopsided and not at all what it sounds like. But still I wanted that LFO shape, so I sampled it! Sounds EXACTLY like the original, which none of the LFO based panners have ever managed to do.

So here it is if anyone is interested, posted before but reposted here - and also FREE! Nothing will sound MORE like the original than this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7luk9w3zom2j2 ... r.rfl?dl=0

Let me know if all the files don’t download - there is a sample that needs to be where the NNXT can find it!
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2023

selig wrote:
19 Dec 2023
This looks like an LFO based panner? The original Rhodes panner, which I now have in my studio (bucket list, yay!) is NOT a simple LFO waveform. It looks really lopsided and not at all what it sounds like. But still I wanted that LFO shape, so I sampled it! Sounds EXACTLY like the original, which none of the LFO based panners have ever managed to do.

So here it is if anyone is interested, posted before but reposted here - and also FREE! Nothing will sound MORE like the original than this.

Let me know if all the files don’t download - there is a sample that needs to be where the NNXT can find it!
Brilliant. Thanks for this!!! :). I dragged it onto my guitar audio but I had to press the Run Pattern Devices button to get the audio to come through. That's right right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

19 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
19 Dec 2023
selig wrote:
19 Dec 2023

Brilliant. Thanks for this!!! :). I dragged it onto my guitar audio but I had to press the Run Pattern Devices button to get the audio to come through. That's right right?
It's an old Combinator, I probably assumed the transport would be running when using it. I came up with a workaround for my Leslie Combinator, so maybe need to update this one...
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2023

selig wrote:
19 Dec 2023
MrFigg wrote:
19 Dec 2023

It's an old Combinator, I probably assumed the transport would be running when using it. I came up with a workaround for my Leslie Combinator, so maybe need to update this one...
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

20 Dec 2023

I heard back from support and it was a bug. They have updated it to 1.0.1 and it's now working. The update didn't go very smoothly, but it's working now.

When I started Reason, the plugin had "crashed" and was disabled in the Manage Plugins window again, but V-Pan was still available to load like before. When I authorized it, it told me my serial was invalid. I went into Manage Plugins, enabled it again, and restarted Reason. After that next restart, Reason no longer complained about V-Pan, and V-Pan is no longer prompting me to authorize, so I guess when it told me my serial was invalid, it actually authorized.

Somebody starting fresh from 1.0.1 might have a better experience.

There is another bug, that if you replace V-Pan with another instance of V-Pan, it will sometimes cause Reason to crash. I've reported that to them as well.

Loque

20 Dec 2023

What a hazzle for a simple panner...
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

20 Dec 2023

Loque wrote:
20 Dec 2023
Yeah, but it's Rhodes brand lol :)

I like the vibrato pan on S73. Maybe Chris needs to add audio input to S73 or make a separate RE effect device that would be the answer to the Rhodes V-Rack plugin.

I do think S73 is a better plugin than V8/V-Rack.

hamsterfactor

22 Dec 2023

The hassle hasn't paid off for me yet. :?

I did everything you did using version 1.0.1, but am still seeing the plugin as crashed. I reported my findings. Waiting patiently...
joeyluck wrote:
20 Dec 2023
I heard back from support and it was a bug. They have updated it to 1.0.1 and it's now working. The update didn't go very smoothly, but it's working now.

When I started Reason, the plugin had "crashed" and was disabled in the Manage Plugins window again, but V-Pan was still available to load like before. When I authorized it, it told me my serial was invalid. I went into Manage Plugins, enabled it again, and restarted Reason. After that next restart, Reason no longer complained about V-Pan, and V-Pan is no longer prompting me to authorize, so I guess when it told me my serial was invalid, it actually authorized.

Somebody starting fresh from 1.0.1 might have a better experience.

There is another bug, that if you replace V-Pan with another instance of V-Pan, it will sometimes cause Reason to crash. I've reported that to them as well.
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

Mikasa23

18 Feb 2024

Wow, this plugin is amazing. Installation was a breeze, it took me less than 5 minutes and everything went smoothly. I can't wait to experiment with the different settings and add some depth and dimension to my music. Buckshot Roulette

challism

07 Apr 2024

selig wrote:
19 Dec 2023

I'm not surprised by your generosity, but WOW! Thanks for sharing it with us. It sounds great and is easy to dial in. Well done on the Combi.

Congratulations on ticking a bucket list item.
Loque wrote:
20 Dec 2023
Don't worry. It's free until January! Plenty of time to get the issue sorted. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information