Arturia V Collection 10 is released

Discuss VST stuff here!

DaveyG

13 Dec 2023

Slightly cheeky to release it so soon after those heavy discounts on V9. I wonder if there is a grace period or if they expect to sell those folks an upgrade!

Heater

13 Dec 2023

I’ve got V9 and beings asked to pay $199 for V10. Not worth it for me. I’ll wait for a better discount.

WaxTrax

13 Dec 2023

I love Arturia products and got VC9 on sale about a year ago. I was excited about their new 303 synth released a few months ago and bought it separately. Now I'm glad I did because that's the only new instrument in VC10 that I am interested in, and now I can relieve my g.a.s. until VC11! :lol:

robussc

13 Dec 2023

Heater wrote:
13 Dec 2023
I’ve got V9 and beings asked to pay $199 for V10. Not worth it for me. I’ll wait for a better discount.
Yeah same here. I think I'm good for now. Just picked up the Korg collection anyway, so I've got more synths than I fit on my signature line, let alone use!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Jackjackdaw

13 Dec 2023

WaxTrax wrote:
13 Dec 2023
I love Arturia products and got VC9 on sale about a year ago. I was excited about their new 303 synth released a few months ago and bought it separately. Now I'm glad I did because that's the only new instrument in VC10 that I am interested in, and now I can relieve my g.a.s. until VC11! :lol:
How are you finding Acid V?

WaxTrax

13 Dec 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
13 Dec 2023
The built-in sequencer is nice, and it sounds really great with the Bassline Generator player. If you already have ABL3 or Phoscyon it might not be worth the money, but I like it :-)

Tiny Montgomery

13 Dec 2023

WaxTrax wrote:
13 Dec 2023
Jackjackdaw wrote:
13 Dec 2023
The built-in sequencer is nice, and it sounds really great with the Bassline Generator player. If you already have ABL3 or Phoscyon it might not be worth the money, but I like it :-)
I already had ABL3 but I was pretty happy with ACID V for 40 odd quid a few months ago. The presets, sequencer and FX are where it shines.

But 149 euros for that new electric piano and 3 more of the augmented series and the minifreak...probably wont bite this time. I would like to have the upgrade for the Moog Mini (49 euro if I get separately) but given I picked up VK2 (9 quid!) and various Ekss synths this year Im all good for synth bass and I also have Diva (the first paid VST i ever bought!). Love the sound of VK2 I must say. Ive never heard anything from the mini freak online that has made me think "i want that synth".

That being said I was pleasantly surprised by how small the installs for the Augmented series are (I'm very conscious of install sizes at the moment, being very selective what I install from Komplete etc). Was checking so Id feel better about giving them a miss but they're only like 3 gb a piece. I have the Strings and Voices already which sound really good.

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2023

If you haven't tried it out, I really like the MiniFreak V plugin - but I already have that. The only other synth I'd be interested in is the ACID V as I don't have any 303 clones. The other Augmented plugs would be nice, but nothing I need or necessarily want. Likewise for the 2 rebuilds .. ehh.

jam-s

13 Dec 2023

Looks like a skip for me as well, maybe if the do a 50+% off sale on upgrade prices anytime soon I might bite, but right now those prices (299€ from collection 8) is not really enticing.

sublunar

18 Dec 2023

DaveyG wrote:
13 Dec 2023
Slightly cheeky to release it so soon after those heavy discounts on V9. I wonder if there is a grace period or if they expect to sell those folks an upgrade!
Literally every single software sale I've ever had my eyes on has been this way; They heavily discount the old version right before releasing the new one. Every time. In my experience: A heavily discounted software sale is a reliable indicator that a new version is imminent.

As a big fan of Arturia's V (and FX) Collection, the thing I find cheeky about this "new" version is that they list the "Augmented" intruments as being "New in V Collection X" when I distinctly recall them being "New in V Collection 9" the last time I checked. I feel like I remember Acid and MiniFreak being in v9 also, but can't say for sure. At any rate, this "new version" only seems to be the addition of a couple of synths. Seems more like a cash grab than an actual new version.

As for me, I'm on v8 and quite content. I'll probably buy the next sale when v11 is imminent, presumably this time next year.

• Information