Moog Mariana Bass Synth (macOS, iPad, and Windows)

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

05 Dec 2023

https://software.moogmusic.com/store/mariana

That is in fact H. Jon Benjamin doing the voiceover for this intro video lol

This is the first synth plugin by Moog that doesn't require a wrapper with a standalone app. Minimoog Model D, Animoog Z, and Model 15 are available as apps on macOS with the option to use VST wrappers.

DaveyG

05 Dec 2023

It's good to see 'em releasing a new soft synth but it's not exactly revolutionary. You can layer the sounds but you can do that with any soft synth. Good that they are making it a proper plugin though. I don't know why they didn't do that with the other ones.

I've got the iOS version of all their other synths but the only one I really use is Animoog Z, because it is genuinely interesting and different.

joeyluck

05 Dec 2023

Yeah I think it's just because the other ones were iOS apps first and then macOS apps. They probably thought the wrapper was good enough. It's not very efficient. I always forget that the apps need to be running in order to use the wrapper. Hoping they make them all into proper plugins. And I agree, Animoog Z is awesome! I'd buy a hardware version of it.

Noise
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2023

I'm getting 50% cpu load, not even playing anything. It's sound amazing, but is a cpu killer :/
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

joeyluck

05 Dec 2023

Noise wrote:
05 Dec 2023
I'm getting 50% cpu load, not even playing anything. It's sound amazing, but is a cpu killer :/
I've noticed that the other desktop apps also use a good amount of CPU, which was a bit surprising since they seem to run efficiently on iPad. Or maybe I just don't notice because I'm using them by themselves on iPad.

• Information