Sonarworks in Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
TheNY

03 Dec 2023

Hi. I have a problem using sonarworks in reason. The thing is that the reason browser bypasses sonarworks and the samples in the browser sound different (like without sonarworks) than in the sequencer. Which is very annoying when looking for the right sample. Is there any option to prevent the browser from bypassing sonarworks?

Loque

03 Dec 2023

No. No effects are applied when playing a sound in the browser.
Reason12, Win10

TheNY

03 Dec 2023

Loque wrote:
03 Dec 2023
I thought so. Reason needs to fix this in future versions

Loque

03 Dec 2023

TheNY wrote:
03 Dec 2023
Loque wrote:
03 Dec 2023
I thought so. Reason needs to fix this in future versions
Nothing to fix,because nothing is broken.

You can make a request at Reasonstudios...
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

03 Dec 2023

If you update your SonarWorks to SoundID, you get system-wide ASIO-support so you won't need the VST-plugin. This offers the additional benefit of not having to disable SonarWorks before rendering your tracks. Upgrading is not exactly cheap, though. I use SonarWorks 4 myself, but I don't have this issue because I have a rather well treated room and SonarWorks does only minor corrections here.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

tanni

04 Dec 2023

as Loque said, there is nothing to fix.
If you want to browse samples with your effects chain, use an NNXT and browse the samples over it. That's the route I always take

TheNY

07 Dec 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Dec 2023
If you update your SonarWorks to SoundID, you get system-wide ASIO-support so you won't need the VST-plugin. This offers the additional benefit of not having to disable SonarWorks before rendering your tracks. Upgrading is not exactly cheap, though. I use SonarWorks 4 myself, but I don't have this issue because I have a rather well treated room and SonarWorks does only minor corrections here.
Thanks for this!

• Information