Rave Generator 2 Resolution Issues

Discuss VST stuff here!
Hazel

18 Nov 2023

I've been wanting to use this little Rave Generator 2 plugin for a while now, but a strange thing happens when it's loaded up in Reason. It seems to work, but the moment it's added in to the rack, it seems like the resolution of the entire Reason program changes and now appears much smaller on the screen (and basically too small to be usable), until I close the entire program and restart it again without the vst in the rack. I really want to play with this thing, as I really want some of the sounds. Is this vst just not compatible with Reason for some reason? I know there was resolution changes made in R12 and I've heard stories of plugins appearing funny in that, but I'm still on R11. Anyone else encounter this?

Rave Generator 2 link for reference:
https://freevstplugins.net/rave-generator-2/

Hazel

18 Nov 2023

I could probably easily do something similar using the NN-XT if I had these classic samples, but I haven't had much luck finding them anywhere else. There is a lot of "stab" sample packs out there in the wild, but I'm looking for these very specific classic ones that are straight from that era, otherwise I'd just make my own if you know what I mean.

DaveyG

18 Nov 2023

Can't help you with the Reason weirdness but the good news is that the plugin is just a rompler so you can make your own version by sampling the C and F across, say, three octaves and then sticking 'em in NN-XT.

rorystorm

19 Nov 2023

Yup had the same issue, its really odd huh.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2023

My scale is fine plus no change to Reason. Using RaveGenerator2 VST2 x64 - Reason 12.7d3 - Win 10. Plus, having fun in the Combinator 2

Also, 2 reference pics - 100% and 160% - RaveGenerator2 doesn't change with or without Reason/Window/Manage Plugins/DJ * CSI */Auto-scale ticked or not ticked
Attachments
Rave Line Generator 100 pc reason zoom app.png
Rave Line Generator 100 pc reason zoom app.png (859.64 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
Rave Line Generator 160 pc reason zoom app.png
Rave Line Generator 160 pc reason zoom app.png (846.37 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
RLG2 - Combinator2.png
RLG2 - Combinator2.png (682.49 KiB) Viewed 1402 times

• Information