Roland - GALAXIAS "Super Instrument" VST for Roland Cloud

Discuss VST stuff here!
avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2023

https://www.roland.com/us/products/rc_galaxias/
Roland wrote:GALAXIAS brings 50 years of legendary Roland synths and drum machines together into one powerful Super Instrument. Access thousands of iconic sounds and freely combine authentic Roland instruments from vintage to modern. Explore supermassive GALAXIAS Scenes filled with intricate layers and deep macro controls. And discover exciting new worlds with infinite creative possibilities.

The sky is not the limit.
GALAXIAS is a rapidly evolving platform instrument that will continue to improve with new sounds and capabilities added regularly. With full access to the growing library of Roland instruments and effects—and the ability to search across thousands of sounds in an instant—the GALAXIAS creative journey will only get better with time.
One notable feature is the set list. This gives you smooth transitions between scenes, which makes it great for live performance.

moalla

17 Nov 2023

Seems a bit like the first competitor in the Rack style market for Reason
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

robussc

17 Nov 2023

Looks and sounds lovely, but I'm not paying $20 a month for access forever. I guess fine for studios?
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

dioxide

17 Nov 2023

It seems like a Combinator except with better graphics and text that isn't 4px high.

robussc

17 Nov 2023

dioxide wrote:
17 Nov 2023
It seems like a Combinator except with better graphics and text that isn't 4px high.
Yeah, I could build a few of these with the VSTs I have, it would probably bring my system to its knees though!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

dioxide

18 Nov 2023

Roland have done their homework on this. The GUI seems to be very good and easier to use than the Combinator. Setting max and min settings in the Combi programmer is fiddly as it is very small and sensitive to tiny movements and you can't enter values using a keyboard. Reason is very capable and powerful but there are lots of other options with much better GUIs now, eg all the FabFilter stuff. I think Reason could do with a graphic overhaul as Galaxias looks how RRP probably should in 2023.

• Information