Kontakt Loops in Reason?

Discuss VST stuff here!
BlueEddie

10 Nov 2023

Hi!

I recently bought the new NI Session Percussionist which runs in Kontakt 7. Getting running was easy but I am pulling my hair out trying to get the following scenarios to work (which I hope must be possible).

1. Recording the loops that come with Session Percussionist (or that you make) into a Reason audio track
2. Recording/exporting the loops that come with Session Percussionist (or that you make) into a Reason track as midi

With all my other NI plug ins I normally play them on a keyboard which gets recorded as midi e.g. piano or drums. Playing the keyboard to get sounds also works fine on Session Percussionist but I really bought it to get access to loops rather than playing/programming percussion note by note.

Bizarrely, I am able to get my audio track in the rack to show incoming audio on the meters from Session Perc but the same track in the sequencer doesn't show anything! I'm not even sure how this is possible if it is the same track.

Does anyone know how I can this to work?

Thanks!

BlueEddie

10 Nov 2023

OK - so it seems within the keyboard mapping of the loops, there are keys that play entire loops. So it you record that midi note, it plays the full loop during playback and if bounced, bounces the entire loop as well. I guess that's the solution but open to any other ideas that people have! Thanks.

• Information