Valhalla Delay bug?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Propellerhands

29 Aug 2023

Strange how I noticed it only after so long time of using it. Or am I being stupid and it always have been a thing with ValhallaDelay?

Steps:

Make an instrument in Reason 12, add ValhallaDelay into channel FX and for good measure, add Q3 after that. Then while you play a note with an instrument (Subtractor for example) and note ends, and stops delaying, there is still some silent white noise going through speakers. It seems to happen with most if not all modes in ValhallaDelay, tested only 3. But chose a random patch inside and got the bug still.

Adding screenshot of what I am talking about. I increased output gain in Q3 to make it more obvious, you can clearly hear it with default Q3 settings or even without it. Just making a point here.

P.S. same happens in Ableton 11
Attachments
buggy.jpg
buggy.jpg (248.63 KiB) Viewed 711 times
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2023

Propellerhands wrote:
29 Aug 2023
Strange how I noticed it only after so long time of using it. Or am I being stupid and it always have been a thing with ValhallaDelay?

Steps:

Make an instrument in Reason 12, add ValhallaDelay into channel FX and for good measure, add Q3 after that. Then while you play a note with an instrument (Subtractor for example) and note ends, and stops delaying, there is still some silent white noise going through speakers. It seems to happen with most if not all modes in ValhallaDelay, tested only 3. But chose a random patch inside and got the bug still.

Adding screenshot of what I am talking about. I increased output gain in Q3 to make it more obvious, you can clearly hear it with default Q3 settings or even without it. Just making a point here.

P.S. same happens in Ableton 11
I have had similar on one occasion but not been able to recreate it since. Thought it was hiss from a tape emulation but once investigated it was valhalla delay.

It has not raised it's head since whilst using it though.

EdGrip

30 Aug 2023

You get this with some modes and eras if the feedback is higher. That track will have a constant level of noise tickling the bottom of the channel meter. Most modes are emulating machines with lots of self-noise. Try turning the feedback right down and seeing if that makes it go away.

• Information