Serato Sample 2.0 Stem Separation

Discuss VST stuff here!
jaeproduced

24 Aug 2023

Yes my prayers have been answered good bye Mimic you are officially relieved of duty...

https://serato.com/sample

DaveyG

24 Aug 2023

I'll be very interested to see how good realtime stem separation is.
Do you know if sample 2.0 is a paid upgrade from 1.x?

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2023

DaveyG wrote:
24 Aug 2023
I'll be very interested to see how good realtime stem separation is.
Do you know if sample 2.0 is a paid upgrade from 1.x?
2.0 is a free upgrade 👍

Goriila Texas

24 Aug 2023

:lol: I feel you but I still use Mimic because I know the Key detection is accurate and the Melody stretch mode notes will be accurate across all keys when I check with a tuner. Serato Sample is most defiantly better at chopping samples though I haven't did enough test on it's stretching against Mimic. I just checked and it's Serato Sample is powered by Pitch 'n Time that's supposed to be one of the best at $799 for the Pro version.
jaeproduced wrote:
24 Aug 2023
Yes my prayers have been answered good bye Mimic you are officially relieved of duty...

Goriila Texas

24 Aug 2023

This is why I'm glad I went the Maschine route companies will always cater to Native Instruments.

Goriila Texas

24 Aug 2023

This is what I mean Mimic Key detection is more accurate and why I had to go back to it as Serato Sample can't be trusted. As you can see Serato detected the 808 as being in G but it's actually in C as we can see in the Tuner, even the sample pack labeled it as C. Mimic is still my go to oneshot player.

Mimic.png
Mimic.png (697.9 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
Serato Sample.png
Serato Sample.png (539.85 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 24 Aug 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Goriila Texas

24 Aug 2023

Why we can't edit older post anymore? I tried to correct a misspelled word and it won't let me.

Goriila Texas wrote:
24 Aug 2023
:lol: I feel you but I still use Mimic because I know the Key detection is accurate and the Melody stretch mode notes will be accurate across all keys when I check with a tuner. Serato Sample is most definitely better at chopping samples though I haven't did enough test on it's stretching against Mimic. I just checked and it's Serato Sample is powered by Pitch 'n Time that's supposed to be one of the best at $799 for the Pro version.
jaeproduced wrote:
24 Aug 2023

WarStar

24 Aug 2023

The Serato stretch is probably the best one I've I come across..

Still haven't upgraded to Reason 12 yet so don't have Mimic. I don't use serato as much because no drag and drop in reason and that's a work flow killer for me.. it has to be something very specific for me to use it.. plus I do chops in the sequencer but with the stems feature I'll definitely use it more now.. it's pretty impressive from what I've seen already..

Goriila Texas

24 Aug 2023

Reason's Mimic stretch can hang with the best of them imo and is more versatile as it has multiple algorithms for a variety of material and even has speed control. Serato Sample only has one Algo that can't possibly meet the needs of all material perfectly. Kontakt has several stretches for more accuracy also. I know many people like to kick Reason in the azz but they win in this regard as I don't want a workflow of having to figure out the key in another sampler then have to drag it in Serato Sample.
WarStar wrote:
24 Aug 2023
The Serato stretch is probably the best one I've I come across..

Still haven't upgraded to Reason 12 yet so don't have Mimic. I don't use serato as much because no drag and drop in reason and that's a work flow killer for me.. it has to be something very specific for me to use it.. plus I do chops in the sequencer but with the stems feature I'll definitely use it more now.. it's pretty impressive from what I've seen already..

wombler

25 Aug 2023

Learn how to detect the pitch with your ears? Or is that the old fashioned way, now :lol:

freshkidblaze

26 Aug 2023

Goriila Texas wrote:
24 Aug 2023
Reason's Mimic stretch can hang with the best of them..
I think the stretching with serato sample is good but I think mimic's advanced algorithm sounds smoother. I wish they'd add slice by beat divisions. that would make it the best stock sampler out until bitwig updates theirs 🤣.

DaveyG

28 Aug 2023

Finally had chance to update my Serato Sample.
Wow! The stem separation is astonishing and virtually instant.

I watched the vids and assumed they had carefully chosen the source material but I've thrown all sorts at it. Rock, pop, EDM, punk, trip hop and the quality of the stems is superb even on stuff like Lemmy's vocals, which are not exactly conventional. There are still some artefacts but most of the stuff was definitely usable. I'd say the results are better than RX10, which is definitely not realtime (but is a lot more tweakable).

If you are into stems then you have to try it - they have a demo.

• Information