uad polymax free

Discuss VST stuff here!
Ichooselife

20 Aug 2023

if you sign up for a loop cloud trial which you can then cancel straight away in paypal and get a code for plugin boutique , it’s a good synth

only setback is you have to be online to authorise it everytime you load it as it’s ilok licence is in the cloud

( unless you have a physical ilok which defeats the point of free )

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2023/0 ... ynth-free/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2023

That UAD installer puts all sorts of crap all over your HD. I even had to go in on regedit to get rid of some of it. And Polymax is pretty crap into the bargain. But if you can be bothered going to all the bother then I guess it’ll keep you busy for a bit.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ichooselife

20 Aug 2023

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2023
That UAD installer puts all sorts of crap all over your HD. I even had to go in on regedit to get rid of some of it. And Polymax is pretty crap into the bargain. But if you can be bothered going to all the bother then I guess it’ll keep you busy for a bit.
what stuff ? i don’t think polymax is crap at all but yeah i don’t like to be online all the time

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
20 Aug 2023
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2023
what stuff ? i don’t think polymax is crap at all but yeah i don’t like to be online all the time
Just loads of crap files all over the place in different directories. Try doing a search of your c drive for UA or universal audio and you’ll see what I mean.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

StephenHutchinson

20 Aug 2023

To boot, apparently you need a Loopcloud plan...

"PolyMAX (FREE with any Loopcloud pricing plan)"
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Ichooselife

21 Aug 2023

StephenHutchinson wrote:
20 Aug 2023

you can get a trial and cancel it and keep the plugin

but yeah the online thing makes it annoying

Mataya

22 Aug 2023

Best sounding polysynth I have. Never had a bad experience with UAD. Always top quality. I also have moog and it's the best I have. Got to get Opal and I'll be even happier. As far as crap goes, Reason Studios files all over my PC, IK-Multimedia...my God. Waves, Steinberg. Pretty much every larger collection or software DAW.
If you work with uad, you'll have another amazing synth in your arsenal. It's so good.

M

Ichooselife

22 Aug 2023

Mataya wrote:
22 Aug 2023
Best sounding polysynth I have. Never had a bad experience with UAD. Always top quality. I also have moog and it's the best I have. Got to get Opal and I'll be even happier. As far as crap goes, Reason Studios files all over my PC, IK-Multimedia...my God. Waves, Steinberg. Pretty much every larger collection or software DAW.
If you work with uad, you'll have another amazing synth in your arsenal. It's so good.

M
i would to
use it as it
looks really easy to program like another synth i have psychic modulation phonec , however , having to connect everytime to the internet is a dealbreaker for me , as i don’t connect to the internet when i’m producing , it uses much more processor power , so i think it’s a very stupid move by them , i havent got a long enough ethernet cable or a wifi card at the min , however in future i may come
back to it and possibly switch off the internet everytime i load up reason ( which being on reason 11 still may have to be a possibility , what’s bullshit is we are being
forced to move with the times , if i was an old 70 year old producer who didn’t use the internet i would literally get a lot of plugins saved on a disc and go with it , saves distractions lol

StephenHutchinson

22 Aug 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
21 Aug 2023
StephenHutchinson wrote:
20 Aug 2023

you can get a trial and cancel it and keep the plugin

but yeah the online thing makes it annoying
Ahhh.. I did not know that... thanks for the heads up. :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Mataya

23 Aug 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
22 Aug 2023
Mataya wrote:
22 Aug 2023

M
i would to
use it as it
looks really easy to program like another synth i have psychic modulation phonec , however , having to connect everytime to the internet is a dealbreaker for me , as i don’t connect to the internet when i’m producing , it uses much more processor power , so i think it’s a very stupid move by them , i havent got a long enough ethernet cable or a wifi card at the min , however in future i may come
back to it and possibly switch off the internet everytime i load up reason ( which being on reason 11 still may have to be a possibility , what’s bullshit is we are being
forced to move with the times , if i was an old 70 year old producer who didn’t use the internet i would literally get a lot of plugins saved on a disc and go with it , saves distractions lol
I get that of course. I'm always online, never been unplugged actually. So it's not an issue with me. Still, if I were offline or something, I'd consider going online just so I can use uad synths. I like them that much.
tx
M

thedude

28 Aug 2023

Furthermore, if you did the free polymax offer, you should have gotten the email to buy the rest of UAD creative edition for 99 bucks, or mini moog for 50. I opted for the $99 offer and it gets you a ton of super great sounding FX and plugs.

Ichooselife

04 Sep 2023

thedude wrote:
28 Aug 2023
Furthermore, if you did the free polymax offer, you should have gotten the email to buy the rest of UAD creative edition for 99 bucks, or mini moog for 50. I opted for the $99 offer and it gets you a ton of super great sounding FX and plugs.
tbh i’d like to try out this synth

so i thought ok i’ll connect to the internet once as i load up my daw then deactivate the internet once i’ve loaded uad polymax , no !! you can’t even do that , it constantly tries to connect you to the internet , having the internet while recording audio is bad , it causes way more cpu and it also causes distractions , so this is a horrible way to have to use a synth , why i’m out of the uad stuff they really should
let you write it to the ilok software on your computer instead of being cloud based , i cant imagine big studios having there computers constantly connected to the internet , shame looks like my kinda synth .

joeyluck

04 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
04 Sep 2023

they really should
let you write it to the ilok software on your computer instead of being cloud based , i cant imagine big studios having there computers constantly connected to the internet , shame looks like my kinda synth .
Yeah McDSP does the same thing—they offer only dongle and cloud authorization. McDSP's explanation is that computer authorization isn't as secure.

I don't own an ilok dongle and never had to purchase one because all other ilok plugins I use allow computer auth. I guess that's a result of me being a Reason user and getting into the VST game so late lol. These few companies that don't allow ilok computer auth, they think that everybody already has a dongle from the before times.

So I use SA-2 from McDSP. It's one of the best plugins to use on dialogue. And I use it with cloud auth because I'm not going to be buying a dongle and have a dongle connected for one plugin. I do also own their EC-300, which I got for free and I rarely use. I don't know what the issue is these companies have with ilok computer authorization and why they think it's not secure...I don't think I've ever seen issues reported.

Ichooselife

04 Sep 2023

joeyluck wrote:
04 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
04 Sep 2023

they really should
Yeah McDSP does the same thing—they offer only dongle and cloud authorization. McDSP's explanation is that computer authorization isn't as secure.

I don't own an ilok dongle and never had to purchase one because all other ilok plugins I use allow computer auth. I guess that's a result of me being a Reason user and getting into the VST game so late lol. These few companies that don't allow ilok computer auth, they think that everybody already has a dongle from the before times.

So I use SA-2 from McDSP. It's one of the best plugins to use on dialogue. And I use it with cloud auth because I'm not going to be buying a dongle and have a dongle connected for one plugin. I do also own their EC-300, which I got for free and I rarely use. I don't know what the issue is these companies have with ilok computer authorization and why they think it's not secure...I don't think I've ever seen issues reported.
i really wanna use it joey but i won’t leave my computer connected to the internet why i record or produce , and yeah ilok computer authorisation seems solid , maybe it costs more ?

selig
RE Developer

04 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
04 Sep 2023
thedude wrote:
28 Aug 2023

so i thought ok i’ll connect to the internet once as i load up my daw then deactivate the internet once i’ve loaded uad polymax , no !! you can’t even do that , it constantly tries to connect you to the internet , having the internet while recording audio is bad , it causes way more cpu and it also causes distractions , so this is a horrible way to have to use a synth , why i’m out of the uad stuff they really should
I can’t say for certain that ALL big studios are connected to the internet, but many I’ve worked at in the past (in the Nashville market) are connected. I’ve had my main studio computer connected to the internet since there was an internet, fwiw.
And for iLok, you get a dongle and disconnect from the internet if that’s the route you want to go.
Selig Audio, LLC

Ichooselife

04 Sep 2023

selig wrote:
04 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
04 Sep 2023

I can’t say for certain that ALL big studios are connected to the internet, but many I’ve worked at in the past (in the Nashville market) are connected. I’ve had my main studio computer connected to the internet since there was an internet, fwiw.
And for iLok, you get a dongle and disconnect from the internet if that’s the route you want to go.
you disconnect while you record though right ?

i always experience more pops and cracks at lower latency when the internet is on
and the distractions are soo bad .

Ichooselife

04 Sep 2023

i at least disable the the ethernet adaptor when i’m in the daw

QVprod

04 Sep 2023

If you’re getting into buying VSTs from multiple developers that use iLok, it’s worth a one time iLok purchase. Most things run on it.

Ichooselife

04 Sep 2023

QVprod wrote:
04 Sep 2023
If you’re getting into buying VSTs from multiple developers that use iLok, it’s worth a one time iLok purchase. Most things run on it.
nah im not i only ever get free things for ilok tbh i don’t know of much stuff that uses ilok

there’s so much free stuff i cant be assed

and polymax ain’t worth buying a dongle it looks like a good synth but nothing outstanding im gonna ditch it
tbh

aeox
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2023

Subtractor

selig
RE Developer

05 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
04 Sep 2023
selig wrote:
04 Sep 2023

i always experience more pops and cracks at lower latency when the internet is on
I’ve not measured any CPU drain just because the computer is connected to the internet. I’ve had my home studio computer online practically since day one and never noticed any issues whatsoever. Not saying this applies to anyone else, just sharing my experience.

The distractions are there whether you flip the switch on or off. Personally, I need the distractions from time to time, or to find a quick song reference on youtube, or to google a solution to a current problem.

But I would certainly disconnect if I saw a problem.
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

05 Sep 2023

selig wrote:
05 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
04 Sep 2023

I’ve not measured any CPU drain just because the computer is connected to the internet. I’ve had my home studio computer online practically since day one and never noticed any issues whatsoever. Not saying this applies to anyone else, just sharing my experience.

The distractions are there whether you flip the switch on or off. Personally, I need the distractions from time to time, or to find a quick song reference on youtube, or to google a solution to a current problem.

But I would certainly disconnect if I saw a problem.
I can imagine that there is a performance problem, when you connect only once a year to the internet. It is the moment the OS and all other application try to update themselfs and also all the trojans try to phone home and send a backup of the HD. So, yes i can imagine there is a performance impact. But this should be gone, after all updates are done and the trojans sent all relevant data, except the host is involved in a DDoS attack, yea, then it still can have an performance impact.
Reason12, Win10

Ichooselife

05 Sep 2023

i usually turn off my internet adaptor ( and i have a fairly new cpu now ) when i’m
connected to my daw , but i have noticed if i have pages open or things downloading why i’m making music that it maybe has problems at a lower latency , and also what if people
want to go somewhere for
the weekend with a laptop where there is no internet , happens a lot on coaches holidays etc , i don’t see the point of all this online verification now mate they can literally crack anything latest cubase and reason have been done now , people that will pay will always pay and those who won’t won’t , so stop making all these dongles and cloud verification and just go back to a serial number for f sake , like you have to be connected 100% of the time for these uad stuff to work because there doing something in the background ,

Loque

05 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
05 Sep 2023
i usually turn off my internet adaptor ( and i have a fairly new cpu now ) when i’m
connected to my daw , but i have noticed if i have pages open or things downloading why i’m making music that it maybe has problems at a lower latency , and also what if people
want to go somewhere for
the weekend with a laptop where there is no internet , happens a lot on coaches holidays etc , i don’t see the point of all this online verification now mate they can literally crack anything latest cubase and reason have been done now , people that will pay will always pay and those who won’t won’t , so stop making all these dongles and cloud verification and just go back to a serial number for f sake , like you have to be connected 100% of the time for these uad stuff to work because there doing something in the background ,
I like to have my hundreds RE working without entering serials for each one :-P

It is a PITA for all those VSTs with their own authorization systems, apps, serials and so on. Some are really painful with with serial+keyfiles and other weird stuff. And this iLok sh!t, when my HD crashes i lose everything. I really would appreciate cloud authorization for every plugin i have via iLok.

Well, horses for courses...
Reason12, Win10

Ichooselife

05 Sep 2023

Loque wrote:
05 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
05 Sep 2023
want to go somewhere for
I like to have my hundreds RE working without entering serials for each one :-P

It is a PITA for all those VSTs with their own authorization systems, apps, serials and so on. Some are really painful with with serial+keyfiles and other weird stuff. And this iLok sh!t, when my HD crashes i lose everything. I really would appreciate cloud authorization for every plugin i have via iLok.

Well, horses for courses...
the problem i have and the only reason i have to
install vst
is
1. no video player
2.no decent strings library all
the free ones are better than any reason ones
3. no piano as good as native instruments ones

and no decent stock eq

i can’t believe how many the cheapest eq
is in reason with a graphical interface otherwise i would be all reason no vst

• Information