Reason 12, Ventura macOS and Plugin Alliance VSTs

Discuss VST stuff here!
provinceofnowhere

10 Aug 2023

Plugin Alliance doesn't officially support Ventura but I was wondering if anyone is still using their VSTs with no problems?

I'm on Montery and need to update to Ventura for other purposes but lean on PA VSTs a lot when using Reason.

From what I can tell, the real issues are with AUs on Logic but can't find any info about VSTs on Reason. And no news is not always good news.

Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2023

I'm running Ventura on my Macbook Pro (Intel) and have not had any issues so far with Plugin Alliance VST and VST3 plugins in Reason.

Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2023

Also...From their Facebook Page... Doesn't really address Ventura for non-Pro Tools and Logic Pro users though.... :-(
Thank you for your feedback regarding compatibility issues. We want to apologize to some of our users who have yet to get the full support that they deserve.
Ensuring that our plugins run on the latest systems is one of our top priorities, and we’ve been working diligently to fix these issues as quickly as possible.
By the end of August, the majority of our plugins will be fully compatible for Pro Tools users on Mac computers with Apple silicon (M-series chips) and Logic Pro users on macOS Ventura. For users on VST2, VST3, and AU formats, our plugins are already fully compatible with Apple silicon.
Click below for more info including the full list of plugins to be updated.

dvdrtldg

11 Aug 2023

provinceofnowhere wrote:
10 Aug 2023
Plugin Alliance doesn't officially support Ventura but I was wondering if anyone is still using their VSTs with no problems?

I'm on Montery and need to update to Ventura for other purposes but lean on PA VSTs a lot when using Reason.

From what I can tell, the real issues are with AUs on Logic but can't find any info about VSTs on Reason. And no news is not always good news.
Running Ventura on a M2 Macbook Pro, no issues at all with any PA plugins

provinceofnowhere

11 Aug 2023

Despondo wrote:
11 Aug 2023
I'm running Ventura on my Macbook Pro (Intel) and have not had any issues so far with Plugin Alliance VST and VST3 plugins in Reason.
dvdrtldg wrote:
11 Aug 2023
provinceofnowhere wrote:
10 Aug 2023

Running Ventura on a M2 Macbook Pro, no issues at all with any PA plugins
Perfect, thank you!

• Information