Plugin Alliance, Brainworx, and iZotope are now part of Native Instruments

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2023

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/blog ... ents.html
Plugin Alliance has united many of the best-known international audio companies under one virtual roof, including top brands AMEK, Brainworx, Lindell, Shadow Hills, Black Box Analog Design, Knif Audio, Maag, and SPL — to name just a few.

Today, we are thrilled to share some exciting news on our brand that we believe builds on our mission.

Plugin Alliance, Brainworx, and iZotope are now part of Native Instruments!

What does this mean, exactly?

As a marketplace featuring many brands and products, the customer experience here at Plugin Alliance will remain distinct, but we will continue to coordinate sales and special pricing throughout the year, just like we’re doing now with our current Summer of Sound campaign.

If you’re a MEGA Bundle subscriber, you might be wondering how this change will affect you — it will have no impact on your subscription or customer experience with Plugin Alliance. We are simply creating a tighter bond with Native Instruments.

This move will help us to create a seamless and consistent experience for customers that use Brainworx, Native Instruments, and iZotope products.

We’re working towards a future where you can:

Use one unified login for your accounts across our brands, so you don’t have to remember multiple sets of login details

Utilize Native Access as the preferred destination for installing and authenticating a broader range of products, reducing the need for multiple product installation tools

Get access to one Customer Care center to get the support you need, across all product lines

Explore more tightly connected experiences and technologies across our products

This year, you can expect to see:

More iZotope products available in Native Access, and more Brainworx products early next year

More educational content and stories featuring Brainworx and iZotope products on the NI blog and social media channels

More cross-brand integration, ranging from product features to new product bundle offers

What about Soundwide?

Some of you might remember back in 2022 when Plugin Alliance, Brainworx, iZotope, and Native Instruments came together as a group called Soundwide. While the spirit of Soundwide lives on — our brands coming together to empower creativity — the Soundwide name wasn’t as familiar to our community.

With that in mind, we made the choice to move forward with a brand that more people know and love: Native Instruments.

What’s next?

Keep an eye out for more updates about how we’re growing together as Native Instruments. We also have some amazing product releases planned that we think you’ll want to hear about.

P.S. Right now, we’re all celebrating the Summer of Sound together, with 50% or more off all software and plugins across Plugin Alliance, iZotope, and Native Instruments. Check out the offers below!

iZotope deals

Native Instruments deals

Plugin Alliance deals

Loque

14 Jun 2023

This is kinda strange what is currently happening in the music plugin world...
Reason12, Win10

plaamook

14 Jun 2023

Huh.
Maybe I should go break their balls about updating Trash to keep it going.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

BRIGGS

14 Jun 2023

plaamook wrote:
14 Jun 2023
Huh.
r11s

dvdrtldg

14 Jun 2023

plaamook wrote:
14 Jun 2023
Huh.
First thing I thought when I saw that announcement was OMG OMG OMG MAYBE THEY'RE GOING TO SUPPORT TRASH2

plaamook

14 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Jun 2023
plaamook wrote:
14 Jun 2023
Huh.
First thing I thought when I saw that announcement was OMG OMG OMG MAYBE THEY'RE GOING TO SUPPORT TRASH2
I’m telling you. Everyone I know wants trash to continue.
We should start a petition. Get it up on the interwebs
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

arnigretar

14 Jun 2023

Iris!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

DaveyG

14 Jun 2023

Yeah, much of that stuff we love from those companies will get shelved/retired/dumped in the name of "progress".
The remainder will eventually get mashed into versions of Komplete.

These buyouts are probably inevitable but are bad for the industry as a whole I think.

dvdrtldg

14 Jun 2023

arnigretar wrote:
14 Jun 2023
Iris!
Yes! that one too. I went through a big Iris phase a few years ago, have a bunch of unfinished sessions built around it that I can't open any more

crimsonwarlock

15 Jun 2023

Should make anyone realize how great the RE platform is :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

joeyluck

15 Jun 2023

I find this to be so confusing.

They teamed up under the name Soundwide...
Then decided that the name wasn't popular enough...
So then they decide to group themselves under the name of Native Instruments, which people associate with specific products. Thus, the rebranding? And still, I don't think of NI when I think of iZotope RX, etc.

How about this?

Why not use the Plugin Alliance name? It would just make so much more sense, wouldn't it?

arnigretar

15 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Jun 2023
arnigretar wrote:
14 Jun 2023
Iris!
Yes! that one too. I went through a big Iris phase a few years ago, have a bunch of unfinished sessions built around it that I can't open any more
yes I always loved that synth :)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

EdGrip

15 Jun 2023

I, for one, welcome the emergence of one giant music tech company whose thousands of products are quickly streamlined into Bluetooth speakers with the Moog logo on and an AI Trap Hats subscription service. What an exciting time.

moneykube

16 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Jun 2023
arnigretar wrote:
14 Jun 2023
Iris!
why can't you open Iris?
Reason 12.6.1 opens it for me.
Or ...are the sessions corrupted somehow?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

DaveyG

16 Jun 2023

joeyluck wrote:
15 Jun 2023
Why not use the Plugin Alliance name?
Because it's also not that well known and because they have always offered a peculiar mix of stuff, and their website looks like I designed it - very amateurish. :lol:

jam-s

16 Jun 2023

joeyluck wrote:
15 Jun 2023

Why not use the Plugin Alliance name? It would just make so much more sense, wouldn't it?
It would be fitting name, but Native instruments is the bigger and more well-known brand. So it'll gulp up iZ and PA over time just like many have speculated when the merger was announced.

dvdrtldg

16 Jun 2023

moneykube wrote:
16 Jun 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Jun 2023

why can't you open Iris?
I'm on a new Macbook. Strictly speaking I can open the sessions, but have to do it thru Rosetta as Iris isn't compatible with the new M1 chip. So I guess I'll do that and bounce the Iris tracks to audio, but what a pain. And of course from this point forward I'll be retiring Iris as working thru Rosetta really throttles the processor performance

moneykube

17 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
16 Jun 2023
moneykube wrote:
16 Jun 2023

why can't you open Iris?
I'm on a new Macbook. Strictly speaking I can open the sessions, but have to do it thru Rosetta as Iris isn't compatible with the new M1 chip. So I guess I'll do that and bounce the Iris tracks to audio, but what a pain. And of course from this point forward I'll be retiring Iris as working thru Rosetta really throttles the processor performance
thanks (makes sense)> I never thought about the M1. I stuck with intel because I did not like what I was reading on some reviews about how the SSD dies sooner because of endless writing to the drive. Plus> at the time of the last purchase, many programs were not compatible with the M1 yet.I read their 10 grand PRO Mac with that chip can fry a drive within a year ( which seems like a flaw to me, if you pay that much for a machine). Maybe they have made some progress > since I read the reviews when the M1 first came out.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information