Reveal Sound - SPIRE updated to 1.5.15

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 8179
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 10 May 2023

Seems like this synth will never make a proper 2.0 release :lol: but at least they keep updating/supporting the VST. Check out the deets below:

https://www.reveal-sound.com/

Make sure to update your Spire plug-in to version 1.5.15 (build 5278):

* Fixes for preset manager interface glitches
* Fixes for ReSpire format files export
* VST3 improvements for RAM consumption
* Stability improvements
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
boggg1
Posts: 86
Joined: 11 Jul 2015
Location: England

Post 10 May 2023

Thanks, appreciate these heads up from forum members, like an extra set of eyes watching progress of the industry. My fifth favourite synth according to the order of synths in my favourites list.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 2085
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 10 May 2023

A patch to keep it from gobbling up my old sandy bridge, would be nice. :lol:
r11s

EdGrip
Posts: 2324
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 11 May 2023

Spire: sort of abandonware, but not.

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 8179
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 11 May 2023

ReSpire more like it. Spire VST gets regular point updates every year.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4344
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 11 May 2023

Wow, a big thank you to the dev for giving us an update. I figured this RE had been abandoned. Maybe they will continue giving us more updates in the future. Thank you Reveal Sound! Should I move this thread to the Rack Extension forum? ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3318
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 May 2023

challism wrote:
11 May 2023
Wow, a big thank you to the dev for giving us an update. I figured this RE had been abandoned. Maybe they will continue giving us more updates in the future. Thank you Reveal Sound! Should I move this thread to the Rack Extension forum? ;)
I believe the update is VST only... Respire has not been updated to my knowledge... it would be cool if it was though.
Not holding my breath
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 8179
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 12 May 2023

challism wrote:
11 May 2023
Wow, a big thank you to the dev for giving us an update. I figured this RE had been abandoned.
This is a VST. The RE hasn’t been updated since the Paleozoic.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4344
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 12 May 2023

EnochLight wrote:
12 May 2023
challism wrote:
11 May 2023
Wow, a big thank you to the dev for giving us an update. I figured this RE had been abandoned.
This is a VST. The RE hasn’t been updated since the Paleozoic.
moneykube wrote:
11 May 2023
challism wrote:
11 May 2023
Wow, a big thank you to the dev for giving us an update. I figured this RE had been abandoned. Maybe they will continue giving us more updates in the future. Thank you Reveal Sound! Should I move this thread to the Rack Extension forum? ;)
I believe the update is VST only... Respire has not been updated to my knowledge... it would be cool if it was though.
Not holding my breath

I was being sarcastic. It's easy to miss that online. So I put a wink behind my comment and offered to move the topic from the VST forum to the RE forum for good measure. I guess the sarcasm still wasn't apparent. But yeah, it would be nice if they would update this buggy and horrible RE instead of completely abandoning it the way they have. :( <- sad face, not sarcasm.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 8179
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 12 May 2023

Hahah! Yeah, the RE is pretty bad by comparison. Has been "feature locked" for 4+ years (last "update" - if you can call it that - was from April 2019). Eh... it was nice that they went through the trouble to even make it an RE, but since Reason got VST support there is literally no reason for them to keep updating it. Honestly they should probably pull it from the RE Store, or give it to Reasoner's for free if they buy the VST from the Reveal Sound shop.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
adfielding
Posts: 959
Joined: 19 May 2015

Post 12 May 2023

EnochLight wrote:
12 May 2023
Hahah! Yeah, the RE is pretty bad by comparison. Has been "feature locked" for 4+ years (last "update" - if you can call it that - was from April 2019). Eh... it was nice that they went through the trouble to even make it an RE, but since Reason got VST support there is literally no reason for them to keep updating it. Honestly they should probably pull it from the RE Store, or give it to Reasoner's for free if they buy the VST from the Reveal Sound shop.
I got Respire as part of the Synthetic Rigs bundle a few years back, and as far as I'm aware there's no way to cross-grade to the VST version as I have no single invoice that shows how much I paid for Respire alone... so I never bothered. Which is a shame, because it's a decent synth.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3318
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 12 May 2023

challism wrote:
12 May 2023
EnochLight wrote:
12 May 2023


This is a VST. The RE hasn’t been updated since the Paleozoic.
moneykube wrote:
11 May 2023


I believe the update is VST only... Respire has not been updated to my knowledge... it would be cool if it was though.
Not holding my breath

I was being sarcastic. It's easy to miss that online. So I put a wink behind my comment and offered to move the topic from the VST forum to the RE forum for good measure. I guess the sarcasm still wasn't apparent. But yeah, it would be nice if they would update this buggy and horrible RE instead of completely abandoning it the way they have. :( <- sad face, not sarcasm.
lol... missed the wink... bad eyes
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EdGrip
Posts: 2324
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 14 May 2023

EnochLight wrote:
11 May 2023
ReSpire more like it. Spire VST gets regular point updates every year.
Having had a look at the change log of the VST over the last 5 years, I stand by "sort of abandonware, but not". The the meatiest things that have happened since 2018 are drag & drop modulation (like every other modern synth) and "5 new reverb types". Reveal Sound are a weird company and Spire is a weird product.

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 8179
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 14 May 2023

EdGrip wrote:
14 May 2023
EnochLight wrote:
11 May 2023
ReSpire more like it. Spire VST gets regular point updates every year.
Having had a look at the change log of the VST over the last 5 years, I stand by "sort of abandonware, but not". The the meatiest things that have happened since 2018 are drag & drop modulation (like every other modern synth) and "5 new reverb types". Reveal Sound are a weird company and Spire is a weird product.
Aside from a ton of bug fixes, they also added some new presets (for free), and those 5 new reverbs are a nice addition. Also, pretty sure a zoomable 4K GUI/UX came - with a dark skin option - in the VST since ReSpire’s last update, but not sure about that last one.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner
Posts: 2834
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 14 May 2023

adfielding wrote:
12 May 2023

I got Respire as part of the Synthetic Rigs bundle a few years back, and as far as I'm aware there's no way to cross-grade to the VST version as I have no single invoice that shows how much I paid for Respire alone... so I never bothered. Which is a shame, because it's a decent synth.
As it was part of a bundle the Crossgrade probably will come out about $10, if that, so it's not like you are missing a lot.
I did crossgrade and I got ReSpire early so I only got another $59 off a Sale price they were running at the time, TBH I do tend to load up the RE one more :D

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3318
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 May 2023

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
14 May 2023
adfielding wrote:
12 May 2023

I got Respire as part of the Synthetic Rigs bundle a few years back, and as far as I'm aware there's no way to cross-grade to the VST version as I have no single invoice that shows how much I paid for Respire alone... so I never bothered. Which is a shame, because it's a decent synth.
As it was part of a bundle the Crossgrade probably will come out about $10, if that, so it's not like you are missing a lot.
I did crossgrade and I got ReSpire early so I only got another $59 off a Sale price they were running at the time, TBH I do tend to load up the RE one more :D
is there currently a cross grade? That would be awesome if so....
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner
Posts: 2834
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 14 May 2023

moneykube wrote:
14 May 2023
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
14 May 2023

As it was part of a bundle the Crossgrade probably will come out about $10, if that, so it's not like you are missing a lot.
I did crossgrade and I got ReSpire early so I only got another $59 off a Sale price they were running at the time, TBH I do tend to load up the RE one more :D
is there currently a cross grade? That would be awesome if so....
Just E-mail them, that is what I did and many others have, they ask for proof, I sent in a screen shot of order so they could see the price etc and give me a voucher for that value, as a sale was on I was also able to use it in a sale.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3318
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 May 2023

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
14 May 2023
moneykube wrote:
14 May 2023


is there currently a cross grade? That would be awesome if so....
Just E-mail them, that is what I did and many others have, they ask for proof, I sent in a screen shot of order so they could see the price etc and give me a voucher for that value, as a sale was on I was also able to use it in a sale.
cool... thanks !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests