What are your fav synths to “just listen to”?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Chi-Individual

19 Feb 2023

Jac459 wrote:
19 Feb 2023

Give also a try to obsession, same category as vk2 and Legend but even better sounding IMHO.
I don’t know if I could decide which I like better. I like VK2 a lot but I don’t understand the interface so I rarely touch it. But they all sound great. What makes Obsession better in your opinion? I’m curious.

visheshl

19 Feb 2023

Jac459 wrote:
19 Feb 2023
visheshl wrote:
19 Feb 2023

Looks like i need to buy legend and VK-2.
Because the other synths you mentioned are also my favourites.
Give also a try to obsession, same category as vk2 and Legend but even better sounding IMHO.
Ok I'll try it out

Jac459

19 Feb 2023

Chi-Individual wrote:
19 Feb 2023

I don’t know if I could decide which I like better. I like VK2 a lot but I don’t understand the interface so I rarely touch it. But they all sound great. What makes Obsession better in your opinion? I’m curious.
It is just the sound and the warmth of it. If i am with a song that start to be too harsh sounding, I will get to find a few sounds from obsession, it is like adding butter ha ha.
To me it is the king of "warm analog sound".
But it is definitely because I love Oberheim sounds.
Also it is well done, the interface is a little bit clearer than the legend (i think they learned for it as they also created the legend) and the cpu usage is super low.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

RobC

20 Feb 2023

DaveyG wrote:
18 Feb 2023
It's hardware but Microfreak. Stuff it through a delay and/or reverb pedal and noodle away. You can modulate anything and everything by putting more than one finger on the same key, or by "trilling" on a key and it has more oscillator types than I can remember. There is always something new and pleasing to be discovered in that magical little box.
Just like there's VST of ModSynth, there's VST of Microfreak, too, I think.
I was considering it, cause it was the only keyboard in the price range, that CAN do something. But I want regular keys. The bigger edition with keyboard, is 2x the price.

Thank god I found this app. Now I just need a USB C to USB A "OTG", and I'll have a fun sketching "pocket" synth.

Android's latency improved a TON. Still not the best, but impressive and usable.

What is the Microfreak like, experience-wise? I wanted microKORG once, but ehh...

Jac459

20 Feb 2023

DaveyG wrote:
18 Feb 2023
It's hardware but Microfreak. Stuff it through a delay and/or reverb pedal and noodle away. You can modulate anything and everything by putting more than one finger on the same key, or by "trilling" on a key and it has more oscillator types than I can remember. There is always something new and pleasing to be discovered in that magical little box.
You forgot to say how much microfreaks is beautiful. Sexiest synth on earth in my biased and inexperienced opinion.

I dont own it through because I really don't need it but each time I go to a music shop I need to close my eyes.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

DaveyG

21 Feb 2023

Jac459 wrote:
20 Feb 2023
You forgot to say how much microfreaks is beautiful. Sexiest synth on earth in my biased and inexperienced opinion.

I dont own it through because I really don't need it but each time I go to a music shop I need to close my eyes.
Haha, yes, I do like its look, all except those orange knobs. It makes them easy to locate but I have considered changing them for something a little more mellow.

Wandering around a music shop with your eyes closed must result in some hefty bills for breakages. :shock:

Jac459

21 Feb 2023

DaveyG wrote:
21 Feb 2023

Haha, yes, I do like its look, all except those orange knobs. It makes them easy to locate but I have considered changing them for something a little more mellow.

Wandering around a music shop with your eyes closed must result in some hefty bills for breakages. :shock:
Music shops are inherently risky environments.
Especially with (micro or not) "freaks" in it 😄
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

• Information