Rhythmizer 2.1

Discuss VST stuff here!
moneykube

01 Jan 2023

this looks kind of cool... anyone here use it?
https://www.futurephonic.co.uk/products/rhythmizer-2
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

zumBeispiel

01 Jan 2023

Yes but,
rhythmiz.png
:cry:

ljekio

01 Jan 2023

How about into Blue Cat's PatchWork and midi loopback?

moneykube

01 Jan 2023

zumBeispiel wrote:
01 Jan 2023
Yes but,
:cry:
-----------
ljekio wrote:
01 Jan 2023
How about into Blue Cat's PatchWork and midi loopback?
--------------------
sad about Rhythmizer and reason... I do have Live suit 10 though... hmmm
"Blue Cat's PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay and multi FX that can host up to 64 VST, VST3, Audio Unit or built-in plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in a single instance, with both serial and parallel routing options."

seems this might work???

or???

Looks like another rabbit hole for me to explore :shock: Which one is better? They are about the same price.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

joeyluck

01 Jan 2023

Back in the day before VST support, we used to bug developers to make Rack Extensions and people got some of them to do just that! Are people contacting any of these devs to come to Reason and make Players?

In terms of MIDI note plugins, I'd much prefer Rack Extensions over VSTs. And when a dev acknowledges that it doesn't work in Reason, then that seems like a good conversation starter about Rack Extensions.

avasopht
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2023

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jan 2023
Back in the day before VST support, we used to bug developers to make Rack Extensions and people got some of them to do just that! Are people contacting any of these devs to come to Reason and make Players?

In terms of MIDI note plugins, I'd much prefer Rack Extensions over VSTs. And when a dev acknowledges that it doesn't work in Reason, then that seems like a good conversation starter about Rack Extensions.
Aren't the Players written in Lua? If so, it would require a lot more work than porting a VST. And I doubt the work would ever pay off.

They could transpile, but ... ... ... well, if it's not caught on yet I doubt it would unless Reason had a huge uptick in interest 🤞

joeyluck

01 Jan 2023

avasopht wrote:
01 Jan 2023
well, if it's not caught on yet I doubt it would unless Reason had a huge uptick in interest 🤞
Yeah I'm asking if people are requesting. If people aren't requesting, then yeah, why would the devs entertain the idea? I haven't been requesting because I haven't had a need for any MIDI VSTs.

Billy+

01 Jan 2023

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jan 2023

Yeah I'm asking if people are requesting. If people aren't requesting, then yeah, why would the devs entertain the idea? I haven't been requesting because I haven't had a need for any MIDI VSTs.
I've made multiple requests for Reason developers to add vst midi support as it's the best solution especially given that the vst's make great use of IPC allowing them to communicate between instances which is simply not available in the Reason SDK ;)

joeyluck

01 Jan 2023

Billy+ wrote:
01 Jan 2023
joeyluck wrote:
01 Jan 2023

I've made multiple requests for Reason developers to add vst midi support as it's the best solution especially given that the vst's make great use of IPC allowing them to communicate between instances which is simply not available in the Reason SDK ;)
So you haven't requested any of these devs to make REs?

Billy+

01 Jan 2023

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jan 2023
Billy+ wrote:
01 Jan 2023

No as it would definitely mean that the products I use would seriously be limited in their current functionality.

The best all round solution would be for vst midi support in Reason standalone which to be fair is planned for the future but it's not entirely clear as to when that might be.

joeyluck

01 Jan 2023

Billy+ wrote:
01 Jan 2023
joeyluck wrote:
01 Jan 2023

No as it would definitely mean that the products I use would seriously be limited in their current functionality.

The best all round solution would be for vst midi support in Reason standalone which to be fair is planned for the future but it's not entirely clear as to when that might be.
But what about the possibility of a RE update that allows communication between devices? It could potentially be even better because they could define it for the ecosystem, and not just between instances of the same plugin.

I know there's lots of plugins that benefit from communicating between players, but aren't there any that would still be cool as players in their current form?

I know of the existing players, many of them I enjoy just as they are. I might like Chords and Scales, and Chord Sequencer to communicate amongst other players, but things like Pattern Mutator and othersm I'm perfectly fine with them being isolated. Maybe even this Rhythmizer would fit in that category?

rorystorm

01 Jan 2023

Vst midi data out woukd mean a lot to me, especially as I use vcv rack a fair bit and it woukd be great to be able to use its generative sequencers (Turing Machine)

rorystorm

01 Jan 2023

*would

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2023

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jan 2023
It has to be financially viable for them, so there may be no point in asking.

We just had Softube pull out of the RE store. That should tell you something.

It would make much more sense if we just had full VST MIDI support.

joeyluck

02 Jan 2023

avasopht wrote:
02 Jan 2023
joeyluck wrote:
01 Jan 2023
It has to be financially viable for them, so there may be no point in asking.
There is no VST MIDI support in Reason—that would be the point for asking. If they want to reach Reason users, they can make a player.

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2023

joeyluck wrote:
02 Jan 2023

There is no VST MIDI support in Reason—that would be the point for asking. If they want to reach Reason users, they can make a player.
Yes, but it has to be financially viable.

They are unlikely to do this if it just means losing money.

joeyluck

02 Jan 2023

avasopht wrote:
02 Jan 2023
joeyluck wrote:
02 Jan 2023

Yes, but it has to be financially viable.

They are unlikely to do this if it just means losing money.
Well player devices do seem to be the most popular of the REs.

And I wouldn't assume that every dev making MIDI VSTs has some secure footing in the VST market where they have to seriously consider if developing for a new and fun format is financially viable. Maybe there's more money to be made in a format that isn't as saturated.

It's as if people think that the RE devs that exist are completely different types of people. Like, if you start developing with RE, you can also make VSTs and keeping making REs. But if you start in VST, you're a different kind of person. I don't get that way of thinking.

And all of this is in a thread about a dev who I think this is their first VST3 plugin? It looks like everything else is samples, soundbanks, and things for 'Max for Live'.

Anyways, you don't know until you ask.

• Information