Klevgrand Tomofon - "Real Audio Synth"

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

13 Dec 2022

https://klevgrand.com/products/tomofon

https://klevgrand.com/stories/real-audio-synthesis
Real Audio Synthesis
What is Tomofon really about?

We’ve just launched our biggest and boldest plug-in so far – Tomofon. So what’s it all about? Like the tagline “Real Audio Synth” hints at, it’s a synth. And in many ways it behaves and plays like a synth, and a pretty good one at that we think. But what makes Tomofon truly stand out is the unusual synthesis at its core, a synthesis of real audio!

Samplers are awesome for sure, but one thing they can’t really do well is smooth transitions between notes, or legato as it’s called in music theory. So we put on our extra-thick glasses and our lab coats and went deep into semi-mad scientist mode to see if we could tackle this. And we did come up with what we think is a pretty nifty idea. By deconstructing a real audio soundwave into hundreds of smaller waveforms and then rebuilding the original sound into a wavetable we have a way to achieve legato with sample based audio. And the results are very interesting. Some sounds retain much of their original character, sounding almost realistic, while others become strange and out of this world.

A significant and truly inspirational part of Tomofon is its editor, where you can load any sound you can think of into the synth and experiment with what you can get out of it. While being a super expressive synthesizer “right out of the box” with loads of presets, the fact that you will be able to create your own unique sounds is what has all of us at Klevgrand slightly overexcited. We can’t wait to hear all the crazy and beautiful stuff you will come up with. But enough reading, go have some fun! Download Tomofon today and start playing around in your own personal sound lab. Who knows what never-heard-before sounds you might stumble across! The Tomofonia has just begun!

Loque

13 Dec 2022

Interesting...
Reason12, Win10

WarStar

30 Dec 2022

Just listened through some of their demo sounds and it's pretty unique sounding.. definitely on my wishlist..

https://klevgrand.com/products/tomofon

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2023

$69.99 on Klevgrand's site just now. You also get all 6 soundpacks and a choice of a free plugin from their holiday selection. I'm struggling.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

20 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
20 Dec 2023
$69.99 on Klevgrand's site just now. You also get all 6 soundpacks and a choice of a free plugin from their holiday selection. I'm struggling.
Just buy it a a prezzie to yourself. It's Christmas and you can afford it. :thumbup:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2023

DaveyG wrote:
20 Dec 2023
MrFigg wrote:
20 Dec 2023
Just buy it a a prezzie to yourself. It's Christmas and you can afford it. :thumbup:
Hahaha. Thanks. Going to get a Waza CE-2w instead :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

20 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
20 Dec 2023
DaveyG wrote:
20 Dec 2023

Get 'em both. You won't live forever.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2023

DaveyG wrote:
20 Dec 2023
MrFigg wrote:
20 Dec 2023

Thats not what that guy I met at the crossroads told me.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

20 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
20 Dec 2023
DaveyG wrote:
20 Dec 2023

Thats not what that guy I met at the crossroads told me.
Fair do's. I've been rumbled. That guy always gets the best ones. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

• Information